Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would this upset you?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 37 Replies

My kid is the most unpicky eater on the planet.  She has a few allergies but they don't really cause any issues....strawberries, and coconut.  Other than that she pretty much eats everything.  But she can't stand mushrooms.  If they are chopped fine she is okay.  But the texture makes her gag.  She spent a few days with my sister who knows she hates mushrooms and my sister fed her mushrooms twice.

Now this kid eats brussel sprouts, spinach, greens, peas, carrots, beats, and pretty much every other veggie under the sun.  She eats fish, pork, chicken, beef, lamb, and any other meat.  She eats everything.  But my sister forced her to eat mushrooms....TWICE....trying to get her to like them.

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 25, 2013 at 10:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Danapopcorn
by AbbyCat on Jun. 25, 2013 at 10:34 AM

I wouldn't make a huge deal out of it, but I wouldn't like it either.

peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 10:34 AM

if she FORCED her, yes

if she tried to get her to eat them by offering them to her, no

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 25, 2013 at 10:36 AM

She put six mushrooms on her plate and told her she couldn't have the rest of her dinner until she ate them. 

Since she eats everything under the sun I don't force mushrooms on her.  Not only that...but after she tried one without a fuss....I wouldn't have made her eat the rest. 

Quoting peanutsmommy1:

if she FORCED her, yes

SecularMomma
by Bronze Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 10:36 AM
1 mom liked this

It won't hurt your daughter. I wouldn't be upset. I think it could actually be good. My daughter hates tomatoes. But I still give them to her on occasion and ask her to try them. Tastes change. Better to keep her mind open.

peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 10:37 AM

then yes, I would be upset

I wouldn't make a huge stink about it, but I would tell your sister what the rules are for eating in your house that you expect dd to follow

SecularMomma
by Bronze Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 10:37 AM

Oh well that seems harsh. I would probably be upset about THAT.

Quoting Anonymous:

She put six mushrooms on her plate and told her she couldn't have the rest of her dinner until she ate them. 

Since she eats everything under the sun I don't force mushrooms on her.  Not only that...but after she tried one without a fuss....I wouldn't have made her eat the rest. 

Quoting peanutsmommy1:

if she FORCED her, yes

CelestialSong
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 10:37 AM

Yes that would upset me. No one should be forcing my child to eat anything. If my sister did that, I would ask her not to do it again. If she did, that would be the last time my sister watched my kid.

Suzy_Sunshine
by Gold Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 10:38 AM

This is your sister. You didn't find out today that she is obnoxious.

I would not be happy about it but I would not say anyting, you just don't send your child to her house. 

OneAllergicMama
by Platinum Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 10:40 AM

My kids have few dislikes but yes, I ask them to eat a few bites of even foods they don't like.  We are also dealing with allergies (wheat, rye, barley, oats, egg and peanuts) so given that their diet is limited, I am not big on adding other limits.  Plus most of the time, they end up liking the food eventually that I force them to try repeatedly.

EmilysMom2010
by Ruby Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 10:42 AM
I don't like the idea of my kid being forced to eat anything.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured