Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Where is all my money going??? EDIT!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 116 Replies

Okay so with my husband and i combined we both make 2,714.00 a month. 

He gets paid every TWO WEEKS 857.00

and i get paid 1,000.00 a MONTH!

Our bills are:

Car: 338.00

Rent: 387.00 ( we live in section 8 housing, but NO we are not on any kind of assistance like food stamps or PA)

Sprint: 136.00

SD GE: (gas & electric) roughly about 75.00 a month.

We spend about 350.00 on grocerys a month

and

560.00 in gas a month ( we drive a 2002 ford explorer)

ALL of those expenses come out to  1984.00 leaving us with 730.00 left for the month

We spend rougly 200.00 on eating out or doing something fun

We want to put away 200.00 a month towards saving to buy my husband a car for about 4,000.00

We some how have NO money ever! Not a penny. We have 10.00 to our name right now tell Friday.

I know my husband isn't spending anything he shouldn't (neither am i)  because we all check our accounts religiously and save receipts. (We usually ask one another if a purchase it okay)

So i need help figuring out what I'm doing wrong. I want to have a little bit of extra money sometimes but we never do. We rarely eat out we don't get to go out and do much since we have no money. 

Help me!

Thanks!!

EDIT! We just got married so his income is not in the system yet! They are working on the paper work. When it is complete we will pay somewhere around 700.00 a month for rent. 

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 25, 2013 at 12:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 25, 2013 at 12:19 PM

Bump!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 25, 2013 at 12:21 PM

Anyone? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 25, 2013 at 12:28 PM

bump!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 25, 2013 at 12:31 PM

Are you sure you aren't spending more than you think? Even a fewextra dollars here and there; or an extra fill up can throw numbers off. Are youg getting cash back at stores? You keep saying "about 200 or about 300" you need to know the exact numbers to figure out wher the extra money is going

young_lv_mom
by Silver Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 12:31 PM
2 moms liked this
How often is lunch bought, or coffee? It's the little things that really add up and suck your money. Have both of you make a log for at least a week, but a month would be better. Then you can see where all the money is going. Good luck
Supervane
by Ruby Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 12:32 PM
Cut back the $200 from entrainment to like, maybe see if it's possible to car pool or ride share to cut back on the gas bill. Maybe switch your cell plan when it's up to a prepaid.
Mommy2b2many
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 12:33 PM

Do you balance your checkbook everymonth? And go through your list of purchases every week? We've had to do that to track our spending; a lot of times I forget to write down the little stuff; like the starbucks; or the extra tank of gas. And that stuff adds up fast

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 25, 2013 at 12:35 PM
4 moms liked this
I like to know how you need section 8
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 25, 2013 at 12:36 PM
1 mom liked this

https://www.mint.com/t/008b/

You'd be surprised how fast things that are "only a few dollars" really add up. For example, if you stop for coffee every day on your way to work and spend "only $5" that's $25 a week, $108 a month, $1300 a year. 

smcnee
by Bronze Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 12:36 PM
Save all your receipts, then go over them at the end of the month. It's quite the eye-opener
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN