Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

may get bashed for this may not. PA & FS related

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I PLAN to apply for it in a couple months. Yep thats right.

AND I live with my dad.

Now before anyone gets all hateful and bashing I will include that I am doing it because I am going back to school. Which means I am cutting my time back at work so I can focus on my studies and I just wont be able to afford things like I can now without the help.

It kinda embarrasses me in a way, but in the long run my goal is to hopefully never need to use them again after finishing school.

**by the way since I know ppl may point it out since I am talkin about school plans I know my grammer is not the best.*
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 25, 2013 at 1:04 PM
Replies (11-20):
illinoismommy83
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 1:16 PM

Are you going to a real school in your state?

What field of study?

Do you plan to transfer to aa 4-year school to complete your bachelors degree?

momof2girls220
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 1:17 PM

does it hurt having your head that far up your ass?

Quoting ElitestJen:

Oh good. Someone else gets to chase their dreams while mooching off society.

Supervane
by Ruby Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 1:18 PM
1 mom liked this
Ha ha ha ha best reply ever!

Quoting ElitestJen:

ElitestJen
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 1:18 PM
1 mom liked this
Does responsibility give you a headache? Or is it just tooooo hard?

Quoting momof2girls220:

Quoting ElitestJen:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fullxbusymom
by Ruby Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 1:18 PM

Not true if her hours drop at work due to going to school.  They will actually 100% be approved for it.

Quoting Lizardannie1966:

Best of luck.

The government is not so willing to allow applicants for PA to be approved simply because they wish to leave their job to pursue an education.

They believe that college comes second to a steady income but that it can be something done during off hours (from work) or even online, which a lot of full-time employees do.

illinoismommy83
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 1:18 PM
1 mom liked this

And if people would support their own families, the government COULD put the tax money to something useful. How about we fix the roads, that we all share? How about we put more money into public education so the children can emerge as self-sufficient, educated adults? How about we do something that benefits EVERYONE instead of picking up the slack because some people don't feel like working?

Quoting Cupcake_mama_22:

As long as you are working no one should have a problem!!! Screw the ladies that say otherwise.

I'm getting so sick of seeing these posts bashing mothers for PA and FS. Too fucking bad your "hard earned" tax dollars are going to feeding someone's family. The gov would take that money from you all in the same just put it to other funding so stfu!!!

Ugh!! Isn't there a political type group to post all the hater post for PA, FS and WIC...?

fullxbusymom
by Ruby Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 1:19 PM

It is very responsible for her to go to school to be able to support herself and her child.  Wonder where the lack of responsibility falls into place??

Quoting ElitestJen:

Does responsibility give you a headache? Or is it just tooooo hard?

Quoting momof2girls220:

Quoting ElitestJen:

fullxbusymom
by Ruby Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 1:20 PM

That is exactly what she is trying to do!!!

Quoting illinoismommy83:

And if peo?ple would support their own families, the government COULD put the tax money to something useful. How about we fix the roads, that we all share? How about we put more money into public education so the children can emerge as self-sufficient, educated adults? How about we do something that benefits EVERYONE instead of picking up the slack because some people don't feel like working?

Quoting Cupcake_mama_22:

As long as you are working no one should have a problem!!! Screw the ladies that say otherwise.

I'm getting so sick of seeing these posts bashing mothers for PA and FS. Too fucking bad your "hard earned" tax dollars are going to feeding someone's family. The gov would take that money from you all in the same just put it to other funding so stfu!!!

Ugh!! Isn't there a political type group to post all the hater post for PA, FS and WIC...?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jun. 25, 2013 at 1:20 PM

Why not go online or at night? If I wanted to go back to school, it's what I would have to do. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 25, 2013 at 1:20 PM
The community college and the LPN program is my plan for the moment. Though I may go back for my RN In the future as DD gets older and doesn't need me around as much.

Quoting illinoismommy83:

Are you going to a real school in your state?

What field of study?

Do you plan to transfer to aa 4-year school to complete your bachelors degree?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)