Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

may get bashed for this may not. PA & FS related

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I PLAN to apply for it in a couple months. Yep thats right.

AND I live with my dad.

Now before anyone gets all hateful and bashing I will include that I am doing it because I am going back to school. Which means I am cutting my time back at work so I can focus on my studies and I just wont be able to afford things like I can now without the help.

It kinda embarrasses me in a way, but in the long run my goal is to hopefully never need to use them again after finishing school.

**by the way since I know ppl may point it out since I am talkin about school plans I know my grammer is not the best.*
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 25, 2013 at 1:04 PM
Replies (31-40):
hismommy2010
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 1:24 PM

You may not get it, since you are living with your dad. My sister had her first kid at 19. She had just started college ( before finding out she was pregnant). She stayed living with our dad, because she couldn't afford medical, housing, food, and college.

She applied for PA, and was denied because since she was living with our dad, they counted his income as something that was supporting her. She didn't get any help at all.

Lizardannie1966

Not necessarily and because each state is seeing more and more applicants coming in and they're having to determine *who* is the most needy.

Government purse strings are very tight and especially depending on the state one might live in.

Quoting fullxbusymom:

Not true if her hours drop at work due to going to school.  They will actually 100% be approved for it.

Quoting Lizardannie1966:

Best of luck.

The government is not so willing to allow applicants for PA to be approved simply because they wish to leave their job to pursue an education.

They believe that college comes second to a steady income but that it can be something done during off hours (from work) or even online, which a lot of full-time employees do.

http://www.facebook.com/Sillinessfromacrazychick

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 25, 2013 at 1:24 PM
I work nights, and while there are some classes I can do online not all can be done online...and I do have a daughter I want to spend time with as well...I am not quitting work. Just some hrs are being cut back, and I will be needing a little extra help till I finish school.

Quoting Anonymous:

Why not go online or at night? If I wanted to go back to school, it's what I would have to do. 

momof2girls220

so because i defend someone to a point, i am not responsible? how does that make sense? i take care of my responsibilities every day.

so you're telling me that someone who has to cut back on work hours to go to school and get a better job with better pay has no right to use foodstamps for a short time even though they are making a concious effort to not need them in the future?

Quoting ElitestJen:

You clearly believe in the backwards way of doing things. It shows an inherent lack of responsibility.

Quoting momof2girls220:

and you assume i have or take no responsibilty why?

Quoting ElitestJen:

Does responsibility give you a headache? Or is it just tooooo hard?

Quoting momof2girls220:

does it hurt having your head that far up your ass?

Quoting ElitestJen:

Oh good. Someone else gets to chase their dreams while mooching off society.

illinoismommy83
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 1:25 PM

And if you do not make it into the LPN program? You do know that nursing programs are insanely competitive and you could do all of your pre-reqs with a 3.5 GPA and be wait listed for years from an actual nursing program, right?

Around here our nursing program gets 10 applicants for every spot in the program. Lots of people never make it, even though they are on the Dean's list every semester and are a good student.

If you did get in and eventually complete your RN program, would you go on to finish your bachelors degree? Lot of employers require a BSN now and most mandate you have a BSN for promotions.

Quoting Anonymous:

The community college and the LPN program is my plan for the moment. Though I may go back for my RN In the future as DD gets older and doesn't need me around as much.

Quoting illinoismommy83:

Are you going to a real school in your state? 

What field of study?

Do you plan to transfer to aa 4-year school to complete your bachelors degree?

2012Rabbit12
by Platinum Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 1:25 PM

Here is your problem OP. keep it to urself! most women on here are very judgmental, they will not approve of anyone being on PA under any circumstance. foolish thing to post for these people. Well, good luck .

Lizardannie1966
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 1:26 PM

Very true to all of this, especially what I've highlighted in red.

Quoting hismommy2010:

You may not get it, since you are living with your dad. My sister had her first kid at 19. She had just started college ( before finding out she was pregnant). She stayed living with our dad, because she couldn't afford medical, housing, food, and college.

She applied for PA, and was denied because since she was living with our dad, they counted his income as something that was supporting her. She didn't get any help at all.

http://www.facebook.com/Sillinessfromacrazychick

ElitestJen

Quoting momof2girls220:

so because i defend someone to a point, i am not responsible? how does that make sense? i take care of my responsibilities every day.

so you're telling me that someone who has to cut back on work hours to go to school and get a better job with better pay has no right to use foodstamps for a short time?

mmhmmm...   Yes, dear.   Maybe you just don't believe in accountability, then. 

illinoismommy83

If you work 40 hours and you cannot support your family then your work week is not done at 40 hours. It is pretty simple. 

What happened to America's work ethic? "I put in my 40 hours, I better go drink a beer and wait for my welfare check!"

Quoting momof2girls220:

the majority of those on PA aren't on it because they "don't feel like working" some can't work, others lost their jobs and can't find work, or can't find work that fully supports their family.

Quoting illinoismommy83:

And if peo?ple would support their own families, the government COULD put the tax money to something useful. How about we fix the roads, that we all share? How about we put more money into public education so the children can emerge as self-sufficient, educated adults? How about we do something that benefits EVERYONE instead of picking up the slack because some people don't feel like working?

Quoting Cupcake_mama_22:

As long as you are working no one should have a problem!!! Screw the ladies that say otherwise.

I'm getting so sick of seeing these posts bashing mothers for PA and FS. Too fucking bad your "hard earned" tax dollars are going to feeding someone's family. The gov would take that money from you all in the same just put it to other funding so stfu!!!

Ugh!! Isn't there a political type group to post all the hater post for PA, FS and WIC...?

soontobemommie3
by Gold Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 1:26 PM
My thoughts exactly.

Quoting Suzy_Sunshine:

the sense of entitlement that has crept into our culture is simple bizarre

Where did you get the idea that because you are going to school you don't have to work full time? This seems to be a notion that has emerged over the past decade or so and I find it simply offensive.

You work and you go to school at night. Perhaps you work two jobs. That is what an adult does. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)