Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

*ETA* 4 year old girl falls from 3 story window MOM WAS AT HOME

Posted by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 3:12 PM
  • 14 Replies
This is breaking news and from the same city I live in... A 4 year old little girl fell from 3rd story window. The child was taken to the childrens hospital (thank God it's a 10 minute or less for her.) Her mother was home when it happened. (that's all it said about the mom)

For whole story http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/story/22683388/girl-4-falls-from-third-story-window

Sorry if it's not clicky I am mobile.

I will keep up with it and update as they come in.

* I put the information about the mom so the post would not be full of questions about her. I know children can not be watched every second. Both of mine have had stiches in their forheads and broke bones while I was right there and looked away for a second.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 3:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
brandyluzdavid
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 3:15 PM
She fell to a pile of pinestraw and was awake while being transported.

That pinestraw might not be very soft but it probably saved her life!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ColtsFan1912
by FriendoftheFoot on Jun. 25, 2013 at 3:17 PM

Poor baby

My friend's brother pushed her out a second story window on accident when she was around 5 years old. She was ok and everything but i can imagine it was pretty darn scary.

TiffanyRose06
by Queso<3 on Jun. 25, 2013 at 3:17 PM
1 mom liked this

What is in that pan in your avi pic?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 25, 2013 at 3:17 PM
My cousin fell out a 3rd story window in the 80's. Her mother was home. What are you insinuating?
MrsMiles85
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 3:19 PM

I live in a 1 story and my kids can't get out of the windows.  I really hope something good comes from this.  Another child being prevented from doing the same thing.  Something. 

Jade_Lufercus
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 3:19 PM

My nephew fell out of a 3 story window when he was 3 and got 3 skull fractures. 

With him my sister was in the other room and he was playing in his room. They lived near train tracks and a train was going by. He hit on the window screen yelling for the train and down he went. He landed on concrete.

FarmWife
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 3:20 PM

I trapped my arm in a window when I was 3 & my grandma was babysitting me. If not for the screen I may have crawled out. I was supposed to be napping. Grandma was terrified that my mom would be mad. Mama said, "She was supposed to be in bed. She knew better. It's not your fault."

momof2boy2girl
by Valerie on Jun. 25, 2013 at 3:21 PM

It can happen. WE can't hold their hands 24/7. Now if mom was drunk/passed out/incapacitated by drugs/turning tricks in the other room, I would have an issue. My son fell down our stairs once while I was teaching him to walk holding the railing.

pregnancy

Tiff_R_92
by Silver Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 3:22 PM
wow thats sad, hope shes okay.

This might be a dumb question, what's pine straw?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)