Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

she's too small to be safe.....just a vent.

Posted by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 3:28 PM
  • 104 Replies

Mobile Photo

So my friend just had a baby and is taking her home today. So she posted this pic of her dd in her car seat. I informed her that the chest clip needed to be moved up. She tells me that she is too small for it to be moved up. Her dd is 5 lbs and some oz. She said that she did a lot of research on the car seat she got. But still chose a car seat her dd is apparently too small for. Some people just don't listen.

No i didn't post this for others to bash her. I'm just frustrated.
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 3:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 25, 2013 at 3:31 PM
2 moms liked this
Your friend is an idiot, she can read up all she wants but its up to her to keep her child safe and to buckle her in correctly...........I cringe at carseat pictures, there are parents on their putting their tall skinny 4yo's into backless boosters, then there are 2 years olds being driving from Mexico to Colorado with their straps so freaking loose the kid practically isn't even buckled in, its fucking sad the shit you see.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 25, 2013 at 3:33 PM
8 moms liked this

Please. You posted this for us to bash her. There are other ways to take out your frustration.

Did you ask permission to post a picture of her child on a public forum?

cupcake_mom
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 3:33 PM
To me there def looks like there is enough room to move that chest clip up

Quoting Anonymous:

Your friend is an idiot, she can read up all she wants but its up to her to keep her child safe and to buckle her in correctly...........I cringe at carseat pictures, there are parents on their putting their tall skinny 4yo's into backless boosters, then there are 2 years olds being driving from Mexico to Colorado with their straps so freaking loose the kid practically isn't even buckled in, its fucking sad the shit you see.
New.OrleansLady
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 3:34 PM
My cousin just turned her 9mo old FF. :-/
cupcake_mom
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 3:35 PM
2 moms liked this
I don't have to when it is already posted on a public forum and i cropped her face. No i didn't put this up here for anyone to bash her! I just needed to vent about it. If you don't like it then step off

Quoting Anonymous:

Please. You posted this for us to bash her. There are other ways to take out your frustration.

Did you ask permission to post a picture of her child on a public forum?

BamaMommy2
by Angel.N.Disguise on Jun. 25, 2013 at 3:35 PM

:(

MrsMiles85
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 3:35 PM

To me it looks like if in a wreck, this baby would fly right threw the top.  One thing I will say, this site might have some faults but ask any tip on safety and you will get it here.  I learned exactly what car seats my children needed to be in and exactly how it should look.  That does NOT look safe.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 25, 2013 at 3:35 PM

do they make car seats for smaller infants? maybe if she removed those shoulder pads, she could move it up... she could give her baby whiplash if they wrecked. 

lalaboosh
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 3:36 PM
:(
.stella.
by Silver Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 3:36 PM
1 mom liked this

Those strap covers need to come off.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN