Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Waxing vs. Shaving

Posted by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 3:32 PM
  • 5 Replies
I've been thinking about getting my pubic area waxed. I've always shaved but it grows back so fast. Who waxes and who shaves? What are the benefits of waxing. Be honest....how bad does it hurt? How much does it cost. How is the process done? How long does it last? Is there reasons that you can't get waxed? Is there things that I should do before hand (besides washing) to prep myself?
CafeMom Tickers
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 3:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
nirvanadonna
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 3:39 PM
Bump
nirvanadonna
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 3:42 PM
Bump
yo.momma.
by Silver Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 3:47 PM

i wax.. honestly pain level depends pn the person's tolerance. i usually paid $50 for the first time and 25-35 for maintence. and i would go about every 4-6 weeks depending on growth..i did it b.c. i always get irritation from shavin i tried diff razors and shaving cream and veet/ nair cant get everything..

YoMama0304
by Bronze Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 3:49 PM
I wax! So much better than shaving!! I go every 4-5 weeks depending on my schedule and pay $41 per visit. It takes my waxer 10 mins from start to finish and honestly hurts WAY less than I thought it would, the few minutes of uncomfortableness is way worth it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cymkare
by Gold Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 3:53 PM

I wax. Usually about every six weeks. 100 times better than shaving, no bumps, itching, ingrown hairs. It takes about 30 min to an hour. Costs about $60, I usually tip about $20. 

But it does hurt. A lot. Especially when they do the lips. 

CafeMom Tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN