Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'd like your thoughts on something

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 156 Replies

Growing up my mother when I became a teenager my mother used to buy me very revealing clothing. Short skirts, some long skirts but they always had high slits, low cut blouses, blouses that were see through, and just other revealing stuff. She would allow me to drink with her and the other adults around her. Her bf would make inappropriate jokes around me and she would just laugh at them too. Her bf's brothers used to come over and my mother allowed of them to sleep in my room after I passed out from drinking. She always used to push me to go out with one of them even tho I didn't want to. He'd take me out to the mall, movies, and out to eat. He'd buy me whatever I wanted while out. I started to take advantage of it out of hate for them both. Once when I was passed out I awoke in a lot of pain. I wasn't a virgin so I knew what being sore from sex was. I had bruising all over my breasts and thighs. I also was bleeding vaginally. I didn't really try to hide the bruises or how disgusted I felt around him. I was still pushed into going out with him and even spending the night at his house. 

I still have flashbacks of what happened while there and other stuff I had to endure while out with him. I never really told anyone for fear of well lots of things really. 

With what I had to deal with I just wanted to die and I hated myself. Do you think out of what happened that any of it was my fault? That, I, in a way asked for it since I never really put a stop to it? 

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 25, 2013 at 3:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lovemymini
by Emerald Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 3:35 PM
5 moms liked this

Rape is never the victims fault IMO and if I had your mom I would probably never talk to her again.

autodidact
by Snarknado on Jun. 25, 2013 at 3:36 PM
2 moms liked this

no, I don't think it was your fault. your mother gave you no reason to believe that objecting would change anything. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 25, 2013 at 3:36 PM

While I agree with that....well I still struggle with this because I feel I deserved it and it was my fault. 

Quoting lovemymini:

Rape is never the victims fault IMO 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 25, 2013 at 3:38 PM

My mother kept pushing and pushing me to be with him. I hated it! 

Quoting autodidact:

no, I don't think it was your fault. your mother gave you no reason to believe that objecting would change anything. 

SKM1119
by Gold Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 3:40 PM

No I don't think is your fault.  You went out and you played their game and took advantage, BUT psychologically you can't be held accountable for what you are thinking and what you do when pushed into a situation like this at a young age.  It was abused and sometimes abused have no rational thought in the situation. Xoxo

lovemymini
by Emerald Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 3:41 PM

If it were up to me your mother would be in jail.

Quoting Anonymous:

My mother kept pushing and pushing me to be with him. I hated it! 

Quoting autodidact:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 25, 2013 at 3:42 PM

That's what I try to keep telling myself but still I struggle with it. I honestly still feel like I asked for it and allowed it to happen. 

Quoting SKM1119:

No I don't think is your fault.  You went out and you played their game and took advantage, BUT psychologically you can't be held accountable for what you are thinking and what you do when pushed into a situation like this at a young age.  It was abused and sometimes abused have no rational thought in the situation. Xoxo

Linus77
by Silver Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 3:42 PM

No, it's NOT your fault.  Your mother failed you and prostituted you out.  How would you have known it was wrong if your own mother pushed you to allow yourself to be abused.

How is your mom now?  Have you ever asked her about that time?  What the guy?  Is he around? 

MrsMiles85
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 3:42 PM

I won't bash your mom.  Regardless of what I feel, that's still your mom.  So I'll leave it at this, it wasn't your fault.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 25, 2013 at 3:42 PM

I used to want that but I would feel like such a bitch thinking it 

Quoting lovemymini:
If it were up to me your mother would be in jail.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)