Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Would you tell a friend if

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies

Last week, me, my DH, my best friend (well will call her A), her SO, another good friend (well will call her B) and her DH were all hanging out together at my  home. We were having a few drinks not B because she is pregnant) and a good time. Anyway, A's SO had to leave because he had work early in the morning.

My DH started to get tired, having worked that day so we went to bed, but we all kept hanging out. B heard her son crying in the other room and went to put him back to sleep, meanwhile, I was fixing some drinks and snacks in the kitchen for the movie we were about to watch. I could heard what was going on in the living room and B's DH was complaining to A that he didn't love her anymore and was only staying with her for the kids (he had had a lot to drink). A was clearly sounding uncomfortable and said things like, well marriage is hard but you two love each other and you will get through it. He started saying some inappropriate things to A like that he couldn't stand his wife in bed because she is a "cavernous hole" and doesn't take care of herself and that he thought A was probably amazing down there because she had such a nice toned body. So I came int he room, just as I did,  B walked in from the bedrooms and saw her DH and A sitting on the couch leaning forward to kiss A while A was clearly backing away.

What does B do? She flips at A. Now we have all been friends for over 10 years and A tried to explain, I did too but B didn't care. She started screaming that A was trying to steal her DH. They grabbed their kids and left. Now B has had this problem before but because of the kind of women they were, I belived B but now I am thinking her DH is a cheating scumbag.

Should I call B and tell her what he DH said? I feel bad because I know it is hurtful and I am pretty sure she already knows and would just rather blame her friend then him.

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 25, 2013 at 10:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 25, 2013 at 10:15 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 25, 2013 at 11:50 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 25, 2013 at 11:50 PM

BUMP!

reynab27
by Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 11:54 PM
You shouldn't have waited you should've said it while both of them where around...most likely its going in one ear and out the other
tifbrown
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 11:57 PM
Yes! She may not listen, but I would at least try. It's not fair for her to take out misdirected anger on someone who is a friend and truly did nothing wrong.
lkane81
by Gold Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 12:03 AM
Truthfully depending on the type of women she is she most likely wont belive you and wilk blame the friend. At least until they start ti fight or shr catches him cheating. But i would atempt to tell her even if she doesnt belive you just to know you tried to protect her.
CookiePwnz
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 12:07 AM

Tell her. Even if she doesn't believe you, you have a clear conscience. 

mamapotts00
by Bronze Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 12:11 AM

I'd tell her! If I was her I'd want you to tell me.

Princess_s21
by Sarah on Jun. 26, 2013 at 12:20 AM

I would tell her, I would do it in person though have her come over and explain it gently but directly, as she could be more sensitive being pregnant etc.  I just love it when men say stuff like that when their wife is pregnant!!!!!!!!!! Why consciously have unprotected sex with a woman you no longer want to be with!!!!!!!!!!!! just keep having babies with her and end up leaving the kids with a broken family ugh!!!!!!

SweetMama823
by Platinum Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 12:24 AM

Best thing is to stay out of it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN