Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I am a Grandma

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 23 Replies
My son had a baby that wasn't planned (i have all boys) he had a girl! Although I was worried because he was young and not prepared he and his gf have done awesome and I love that baby girl as much if not more than my own kids. So if you are keeping a grandparent out of your child's life, please re-think it. That is all LOL
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 25, 2013 at 10:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 25, 2013 at 10:27 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 25, 2013 at 10:29 PM

I wouldn't keep a loving grandparent out of my child's life.  But with one side of our family, we weren't so lucky.  So yes, they got cut off.  It was for the best and we have no regrets.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 25, 2013 at 10:30 PM

I think she was more meaning not telling "baby daddy's" parents 

Quoting Anonymous:

I wouldn't keep a loving grandparent out of my child's life.  But with one side of our family, we weren't so lucky.  So yes, they got cut off.  It was for the best and we have no regrets.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 25, 2013 at 10:38 PM
I have a DIL who is not close to her Mother. I have been very lucky we get along great. I just think it can be very painful if grandparents are cut off. My point was you may not realize how much they TRULY love your children (their grandkids). I never knew it would be like this.. I was shocked at how it was instant love like my own kids.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 25, 2013 at 10:41 PM
Well; I personally am not going to allow someone into my child"s life just based on the title grandma. My MIL is an abusive woman who is completely inappropriate with children. And since Grandparents do not have an inherent right to be in a grandchild's life. She is not in my child's life. Infact. We don't even call her grandma; we call her by her first name when talking to our children,
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 25, 2013 at 10:42 PM
Does this cause problems with dh? Why is she abusive?

Quoting Anonymous:

Well; I personally am not going to allow someone into my child"s life just based on the title grandma. My MIL is an abusive woman who is completely inappropriate with children. And since Grandparents do not have an inherent right to be in a grandchild's life. She is not in my child's life. Infact. We don't even call her grandma; we call her by her first name when talking to our children,

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 25, 2013 at 10:44 PM
Love doesn't mean you get to be in a child's life. My MIL sexually abused my Husband She will never be allowed in my child's life. I don't give a damn how much she "loves" her grandbabies. And trust me she tries to insist she loves them. Well too bad so sad; you get your son drunk at 19 and try to have sex with him... you have no right to be in his childrens life... ever.

Quoting Anonymous:

I have a DIL who is not close to her Mother. I have been very lucky we get along great. I just think it can be very painful if grandparents are cut off. My point was you may not realize how much they TRULY love your children (their grandkids). I never knew it would be like this.. I was shocked at how it was instant love like my own kids.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

rachellaree20
by Rachel on Jun. 25, 2013 at 10:46 PM

A loving grandparent I would never keep out of my child's life.  My mom will never know her grandchildren though because she was very abusive to me when I was growing up and is sitting in prison currently.  She doesn't deserve to see my children ever for what she did to me when I was a child.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 25, 2013 at 10:46 PM
1 mom liked this
Well that's sick as f*ck i don't blame you!!

Quoting Anonymous:

Love doesn't mean you get to be in a child's life. My MIL sexually abused my Husband She will never be allowed in my child's life. I don't give a damn how much she "loves" her grandbabies. And trust me she tries to insist she loves them. Well too bad so sad; you get your son drunk at 19 and try to have sex with him... you have no right to be in his childrens life... ever.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 25, 2013 at 10:48 PM
I am keeping my kids father s mom out of my kids life. She is a lying piece of crap..she is hiding my ex so he don't have to pay child support
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)