Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do You Read To You Child ? What Age Did You Start?

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 12:55 AM
  • 63 Replies

Poll

Question: Do you read to you child? What age did you start?

Options:

Yes;; From before born

Yes ;; started with block books

No but Dad did

No but Grandma did

Not at all

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 89

View Results

by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 12:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KendallsMommee
by Spoiled SAHM on Jun. 26, 2013 at 12:58 AM
1 mom liked this
She's 6 now and reads to herself, but I was always reading to her. Even when pregnant with her.
wkukid
by Ocean Wave on Jun. 26, 2013 at 12:58 AM
1 mom liked this

She's still in my belly and I read to her almost nightly, I also play her lullabies.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 26, 2013 at 1:07 AM
1 mom liked this
With all three of my girls I started reading to them while pregnant. They are 20, 13, and 5 so I only read with my youngest. My 13 yr old just finished My Sister's Keeper and Pride and Prejudice this week. My youngest and I are reading Farmer Boy(the 3rd little house book)
lalaboosh
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 1:10 AM
1 mom liked this
From birth! We surprised our parenting class teacher. I guess it's not as common as you'd think.
lucille.bluth
by Gold Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 1:12 AM
1 mom liked this

I started reading to my kids at birth. DS has never really cared for it but DD loves to sit and read books. 

Cozie_Sisika458
by Platinum Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 1:17 AM
1 mom liked this
Yes I read to them from infant age. My older boys can read to them selves 9 and 7 and DD tries to read books, like number books or ABC books or books she already knows from me reading to her. I still read with them all the time and me and my older two will each take turns reading a page or two, DD4 will listen. I love it when DS9 wants to go to bed early so that he can have more time to read his books :) My kids all love books and I buy them books all the time.

I'm a tattooed, free spirited, CIO, circumcision, delayed vax, pro-life, anti flu shot, hiking, beach bum, early potty training, snuggling, video gaming, art therapy, natural remedies, natural health, Jesus is my home boy, Artist, sarcastic mom!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 26, 2013 at 1:18 AM

I think you should read to your kids since in your poll it says "bad" not sure if that is suppose to be dad or not but you should learn to read/write and not mess up your kids. JS 

SisSherry
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 2:05 AM
4 moms liked this

im sorrylaughing Should say Dad..  Thank You
 Will try to fix!!!! We all make OOP'S !!! Sorry you can't understand that...  I am   mother of beautiful  Adult  College Educated people &  
 Nana To well Educated Grandchildren.. & very sorry you felt you have to try to put others down to make yourself feel good !!!

Quoting Anonymous:

I think you should read to your kids since in your poll it says "bad" not sure if that is suppose to be dad or not but you should learn to read/write and not mess up your kids. JS 

wickedfiress
by Platinum Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 2:06 AM
1 mom liked this
I can't recall ever not reading to or with them. As soon as they started learning to read, I made them read aloud to me. :)

LaughCryLive
by Ruby Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 2:07 AM
1 mom liked this
Since birth.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)