Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Long shot, but any rational women here?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 262 Replies
12 moms liked this

Why on earth would any woman have an issue with banning abortions after the 20 week mark?  I feel sick to my stomach over this.  

I would never, could never have an abortion.  I know girls that have.  I have friends that have.  I have supported THEM even though I did not support their decision.  They were a mess.  It was horrible.  I still think about them curled in a ball crying and think of how old their child would be and it breaks my heart.  

What I can't wrap my head around, is 20 weeks.  REALLY?!  twentymotherfucking weeks???  This baby grew in you.  You grew a baby for TWENTY weeks.  There is a baby in there.  A baby with skin, hands, feet, fingers, toes.  

OMG.  Even the most pro abortion woman out there how can you justify an abortion after 20 weeks.  It's too much.  It's too far.  I can't.

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 26, 2013 at 1:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 26, 2013 at 1:39 AM

I ask for rational women simly because I want a real response - I am genuinely curious.

FL2AK
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 1:42 AM
3 moms liked this
I personally do not agree with abortion after 20 weeks but I am pro choice. I feel that when we give the government control they will slowly take more and more. There are many things that people do that I don't agree with but laws do not need to be established for every little thing.
jarkrt
by Gold Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 1:44 AM
Medical reasons.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 26, 2013 at 1:46 AM

So for you, it's more a stance against the government making the diction?  You agree 20 weeks is crazy, but at the same time the government shouldn't be governing when a woman can and cannot have an abortion? 

Thanks for staying emotionally neutral in your response.  

Quoting FL2AK:

I personally do not agree with abortion after 20 weeks but I am pro choice. I feel that when we give the government control they will slowly take more and more. There are many things that people do that I don't agree with but laws do not need to be established for every little thing.

FL2AK
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 1:48 AM
1 mom liked this
Yes. If it is a woman's choice it is her choice at 10 weeks or 20 weeks.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 26, 2013 at 1:49 AM

Oh, Jesus.  I can't even fathom that scenario.  To be honest that didn't even cross my mind ... medical reasons.  Personally by 20 weeks, I would be a save my baby, do everything I can kind of Mom.  Gut wrenching.  Thanks for your response.  I am curious if the bill would ban medically recommended terminations.  

Quoting jarkrt:

Medical reasons.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 26, 2013 at 1:50 AM
I'm pro-choice and I wouldn't have a problem with it. If you can make it to 20 weeks then why not just stick it out? Or at the very least have the baby then and see if it makes it, don't just abort.
sugarcrisp
by Ruby Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 1:50 AM
10 moms liked this

If my life is in danger due to my pregnancy or I'm in need of medical care that could slowly kill my fetus, I will abort to save my life. My living child holds more precedence than one that is not viable. He needs me more than he needs  dead mother.

If my fetus has something that is a guaranteed death sentence or s/he will have absolutely zero quality of life outside of the womb, I will abort because I love that child enough to keep him/her from suffering.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 26, 2013 at 1:51 AM

Yes!  I am blown away by the support my newsfeed is showing for the texas filibuster going on right now.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm pro-choice and I wouldn't have a problem with it. If you can make it to 20 weeks then why not just stick it out? Or at the very least have the baby then and see if it makes it, don't just abort.

Supervane
by Ruby Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 1:52 AM
Everyone is going to argue birth defects or, genetic conditions.

I don't like that late abortions exist either but they do.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN