Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Long shot, but any rational women here?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Why on earth would any woman have an issue with banning abortions after the 20 week mark?  I feel sick to my stomach over this.  

I would never, could never have an abortion.  I know girls that have.  I have friends that have.  I have supported THEM even though I did not support their decision.  They were a mess.  It was horrible.  I still think about them curled in a ball crying and think of how old their child would be and it breaks my heart.  

What I can't wrap my head around, is 20 weeks.  REALLY?!  twentymotherfucking weeks???  This baby grew in you.  You grew a baby for TWENTY weeks.  There is a baby in there.  A baby with skin, hands, feet, fingers, toes.  

OMG.  Even the most pro abortion woman out there how can you justify an abortion after 20 weeks.  It's too much.  It's too far.  I can't.

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 26, 2013 at 1:38 AM
Replies (261-262):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 27, 2013 at 1:39 AM

If your pro choice you are pro (all) choices - including abortion.  Check out the official definition.  

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/pro-choice

Quoting Anonymous:

Rationally speaking "pro choice" does NOT mean "pro abortion". Please stop thinking that. I am "pro choice" because I feel it's the woman's right to make a CHOICE about what happens with HER body, not the governments, not a religious leader. So, saying "pro abortion" would definitely offend someone who is Pro choice.

As to abortion after 20 weeks, only for medical conditions to save the mothers life.

Quoting Anonymous:

That wasn't my intent ... I suppose I should have said 'pro choice' to be politically correct?  However, it did get me thinking ... if you're okay with a women's right to choose abortion, then you should be comfortable with saying: I support the right to an abortion.

Take a deep breath and explain where you're coming from.  I didn't even realize that 'pro choicers' would take offense to that.

Quoting Sekirei:

ok.. your request for rational just flew out the window with the 'pro abortion' bullshit

kelly617
by Platinum Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 1:47 AM

I am pro-choice and I don't agree with late term abortions. (except in medically necessary situations or where the baby won't live things of that nature)

But...its not really my place to tell a woman that 19wks 5 days is okay and 20wks isn't....if SHE is comfortable with that decision then I guess that is up to her

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN