Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I just weighed myself and HOLY SH**!!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies
3 moms liked this

I have lost 10 pounds in 2 weeks! DH lost 12 pounds!

Long story short, we got low on funds because we spent quite a bit of money on the kids since school has let out that we had been saving so we could take them, then we also had a very unexpected expense. Just before school let out I went and bought all kinds of healthy foods and such to start a change in lifestyle  for myself. DH wasn't really wanting to do the healhy food thing because he didn't think the recipes I wanted to try looked very good. I gave in after just a few days because I was tired of having to fix so many different items for dinner for everyone else. Well, for the last 2 weeks we really couldn't go grocery shopping except for your basic pantry staples so we HAD to eat what we already had, which was the healthier stuff.

I decided to weigh myself tonight because I was cleaning out from under the bathroom sink and I had to pull my scale out to clean under there (I had to get it out of sight because I was obsessed with weighing myself and gaining/losing weight) and I was surprised! I told DH and he weighed himself too! I even checked to see if the settings on the scales had been messed with and NOPE!

Good thing is, now DH is willing to go along with a new change in eating habits. We didn't starve or go hungry by at all and he was impressed!

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 26, 2013 at 2:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DevinAnnesmom
by Sarah on Jun. 26, 2013 at 2:31 AM
Congrats!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 26, 2013 at 2:33 AM

Thank you!

Quoting DevinAnnesmom:

Congrats!!

tigerlily86
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 2:38 AM
I had a holy shit moment on the scale too!!!!! I weighed the same as before. Lol

That's awesome OP! Keep it up! Hubby is obsessed with soda and it makes me sick. I always tell him not to buy it and he sneaks it home. Tonight before he went to bed, while eating an icecream he says, "We don't need to be buying ice cream, it makes us fat". Ummmm, duh! Lol He'll learn. :)
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 26, 2013 at 2:41 AM

I am the soda junkie in this house, but I only get one 16 ounce a day. I don't buy anymore 2 liters, cases, or whatever. Just one a day. Maybe one day I can finally stop drinking them, but I get migraines if I don't drink them. Pretty sure its the caffeine.

Quoting tigerlily86:

I had a holy shit moment on the scale too!!!!! I weighed the same as before. Lol

That's awesome OP! Keep it up! Hubby is obsessed with soda and it makes me sick. I always tell him not to buy it and he sneaks it home. Tonight before he went to bed, while eating an icecream he says, "We don't need to be buying ice cream, it makes us fat". Ummmm, duh! Lol He'll learn. :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 26, 2013 at 3:22 AM
What changes did you make?
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 26, 2013 at 3:55 AM

Mostly whole grains, fish, chicken, lean cut meats, and a lot of veggies. For snacks I made my own "chips" by cutting tortillas and seasoning them and baking them and some other things. We had fruit when we wanted something sweet, etc. If I got hungry in between I would drink a glass of V8 or something.

Quoting Anonymous:

What changes did you make?

MyStarLight
by Silver Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 4:12 AM
Thats a start
Little by little
crumpy_gat
by No. on Jun. 26, 2013 at 4:17 AM

Woohoo! :)

Mlp_chick
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 4:20 AM

Quoting DevinAnnesmom:

Congrats!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 26, 2013 at 4:24 AM

Thank you, Ladies! I have about 390 more pounds to go!!!

Oh CRAP!!! LMAO!!! EDIT!!! I only have about THIRTY (30) more pounds to go, not 390!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)