Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do You Like Your Maiden Name Or Your

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 3:38 AM
  • 223 Replies

Husband's name that you took when you got married?

by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 3:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DixieL
by Platinum Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 3:39 AM

My maiden name was Cooper. I couldn't stand any of my fathers family and not him either. I like my last name now. Holley!!

allornone
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 3:40 AM
1 mom liked this

Neither. They are both not common. But my maiden flows better with my first name.

iamnameless
by Gold Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 3:42 AM
1 mom liked this

Neither really. But I am getting a divorce and will be keeping my married name so I have the same last name as my kids.

risaspieces
by Gold Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 3:44 AM
1 mom liked this
I like both, my maiden name isn't too common but really uncommon where I live now. My married name is pretty common for our area ( it's a Spanish name and we live on near Mexico), but it's Dh's and that makes me live it.
moosesmom
by Ruby Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 3:46 AM
1 mom liked this
Something similar to this.

Quoting DixieL:

My maiden name was Cooper. I couldn't stand any of my fathers family and not him either. I like my last name now. Holley!!

Princess_s21
by Sarah on Jun. 26, 2013 at 3:49 AM
1 mom liked this

I dont mind it alone, but together with my first name its a common brand name, so I constantly get comments about it lol

2metalbabies
by Gold Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 3:50 AM
2 moms liked this
I love both because when I was in 2nd grade I vowed to marry a man with the last name that started with an S so my intials would be JAWS. All my dreams came true, lmfao!
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 26, 2013 at 3:51 AM
3 moms liked this

I kept my maiden name.  I was 18 and no one TOLD ME I actually HAD to change it.  So its been that way these last 9 year.  I was thinking for our 10 yr anv. I would give him my new SS card and have it changed.  Stupid idea?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 26, 2013 at 3:51 AM
1 mom liked this
My married name goes so much better with my Spanish first name. I went from Hogan (people would often ask how to spell it) to Alvarez. I hated my maiden name, it's ugly.
TheMetal
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 3:51 AM
1 mom liked this

Both my married name and my maiden name are not common names and both I have to spell out for people. Also, both have a proud military history and a noteable heritage attached.

However, I prefer my married name because I prefer my identity as a wife rather than my identity as being in the family that I am from. My identity with this name is my identity and the head of the family we have started rather than my identity as part of a family that I had no choice but to be born into. I prefer the identity I chose.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)