Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Say what you want about daycares, but

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 10:20 AM
  • 144 Replies
39 moms liked this

I have got to brag on my DS's daycare teacher. He has been having some real issues with behavior. I've had long conversations with the director and his teacher about ways to solve the problems. When I went to pick him up the other day, she handed me a detailed report on his day. What he did during morning snack, outside play, center time, ect. I was shocked. She has 15 other 4 year olds to look out for, but is taking the time to do this for me everyday. I think she is going above and beyond. I need to think of something nice to do for her.

by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 10:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 10:21 AM
18 moms liked this

I love it when people talk about how great child care providers can be!

Logan_Bellasmom
by Platinum Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 10:22 AM
What's a dayare?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TheDoctorsWife
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 10:26 AM
6 moms liked this

A typo. Did you read the post?

Quoting Logan_Bellasmom:

What's a dayare?

jm029
by Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 10:26 AM

Lucky you!

TheDoctorsWife
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 10:28 AM

I've had problems with other daycares in the past. I'm so glad I found the one he is at now!

Quoting jm029:

Lucky you!

bzzybeemomof3
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 10:29 AM
3 moms liked this

My kids grew up in daycare (single mom) needed to work, one was in for 10 yrs and 1 was in for 4 yrs. Fulltime for both till they started school. Then my oldest was just in the am and then after school.

We a;ways had amazing workers there, and they gave detailed reports for all the kids everyday in a binder that was kept in the kids cubbies. We would look at it and sign it at pickup every night.  From good to bad behavior to even what they ate how much they ate, even how nap time went (when they were smaller) once my oldest started school they didnt have the sheet anymore it was from infant room to the preschool aged side. It was great, they are 5 and 11 now and greatly miss daycare, its been a yr since they stopped going.

My 5 yr old started kinder last september and her teachers helper in her class was her old daycare worker she was super close to, so kinder bacame a breeze for her.

I am glad you are having a good expirence with your son at daycare, now to just get the good behaviors to happen more. I am sure he will settle down soon, if they are tha great on working with him, it should become easier for him to listen.

Goodluck.

lovemyhoney19
by Gold Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 10:29 AM
5 moms liked this
I love my daughters daycare! When I picked her up yesterday she was sitting with two other babies and the lady listening to baby music and clapping along laughing and having a great time. She only goes part time but if she had to go full time I know she would be ok. Excellent care!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
idunno1234
by Gold Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 10:31 AM
10 moms liked this

I think the nicest thing you can do for her is tell her just what you told us.  Maybe even let her know that what she did for you and your son made such an impression on you that you took the time to give her a shout out on a public site.

Since recognition is so far and few between and its not a job anyone will ever do for the money, but you would hope for the love of the kids, I think that would mean a great deal to her.

TheDoctorsWife
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 10:34 AM

Most centers around here quit doing the daily reports once they're out of the 2 year old room. That's why I think what she is doing is so amazing. They think things will get much better when he starts pre-k in August. I'm a single mom too and know how tough it is.

Quoting bzzybeemomof3:

My kids grew up in daycare (single mom) needed to work, one was in for 10 yrs and 1 was in for 4 yrs. Fulltime for both till they started school. Then my oldest was just in the am and then after school.

We a;ways had amazing workers there, and they gave detailed reports for all the kids everyday in a binder that was kept in the kids cubbies. We would look at it and sign it at pickup every night.  From good to bad behavior to even what they ate how much they ate, even how nap time went (when they were smaller) once my oldest started school they didnt have the sheet anymore it was from infant room to the preschool aged side. It was great, they are 5 and 11 now and greatly miss daycare, its been a yr since they stopped going.

My 5 yr old started kinder last september and her teachers helper in her class was her old daycare worker she was super close to, so kinder bacame a breeze for her.

I am glad you are having a good expirence with your son at daycare, now to just get the good behaviors to happen more. I am sure he will settle down soon, if they are tha great on working with him, it should become easier for him to listen.

Goodluck.

anitarichman
by Anita on Jun. 26, 2013 at 10:40 AM
4 moms liked this

It's such a relief when you find a person who demonstrates capability and caring for a child, esp. when they are caring for more then one child. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured