Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

would you trust this person w/your kids??

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 223 Replies
I need someone to watch kids during summer , mon-fri 9-3:30 . My sisters is pushing this girl she knows ( 17 almost 18) but I'm nervous because she was molested when she was younger. I just don't want to take any chances with my kids. I explained to my sister and she said I'm being mean ..I don't think so I just am being a mom who doesn't want her kids molested.
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 26, 2013 at 11:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 11:02 AM
7 moms liked this

her being molested doesn't automatically mean she will be a perpetrator

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 26, 2013 at 11:05 AM
No it probably doesn't but don't most people who were molested become molesters?

Quoting peanutsmommy1:

SJG1013
by SJG on Jun. 26, 2013 at 11:05 AM
I don't think that should be a reason not to hire her, but I don't think you are going to feel comfortable so I would just start looking for someone else.
ConcernedCousin
by Silver Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 11:05 AM
9 moms liked this

i was molested when i was younger and i've never molested anyone nor have i ever had any thoughts or desires to do so. i get your fear, i do but meet the girl first. not everyone that has been molested goes on to do the same thing to others

Kaelaasmom
by Katie on Jun. 26, 2013 at 11:06 AM
1 mom liked this

The fact that she was molested doesn't make her a molester.

CafeMom Tickers
fullxbusymom
by Ruby Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 11:06 AM
1 mom liked this

What the heck does the poor girl being molested have anything to do with her being trustworthy??  I was molested and run a daycare.  I have never even thought about molesting any child in my care or my 4 boys.  There is something wrong with people who do that.  People who are molested don't turn into molesters. 

Pnukey
by Jenn on Jun. 26, 2013 at 11:07 AM

You're just going to have to meet her and see what kind of vibes you get. How old are your kids?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 26, 2013 at 11:07 AM
15 moms liked this
I'd be more worried about them being raised by an idiot.
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 11:09 AM
2 moms liked this

banging head into wall

Quoting Anonymous:

No it probably doesn't but don't most people who were molested become molesters?

Quoting peanutsmommy1:

Bigmetalchicken
by Ruby Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 11:10 AM
11 moms liked this

Ummm... Your sister is wrong. You are not mean, you are stupid.  That would be the last thing I worried about when hiring a sitter, and I am really, really hard on sitters when it comes to checking them out.  Being molested was not her choice.  Studies are showing that one in four females, and one in six males will report being sexually molested at some point.  Also, being molested does not mean you will go on to molest. Most victims do know what happened to them was wrong, and would never think of harming someone else the way they were harmed.

I would suggest you do some actual research. Also, do not hire this girl. She has been through enough, she should not have to endure working for someone like you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)