Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

paypal question

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 11:32 AM
  • 13 Replies
My husband does some freelance computer work. The lady he worked for yesterday wants to pay him from.her bank account to our PayPal. How long does it take to get the money? We have the PayPal debit card.
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 11:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Jun. 26, 2013 at 11:33 AM

I send my friend money to help her and she gets it right away in her account. but I think its the bank and its policies that affect that. Call your bank and ask. 

Photo: -Randi.

TaralynnStewart
by Platinum Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 11:33 AM
Bump. I'm not sure but would think as soon as she put the money in there
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rbrown72707
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 11:34 AM

It's usually immediately.

p608319chef
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 11:36 AM
I don't know about the debit case but up to four business days into the paypal account and sometimes up to 3 weeks for it to clear.
bluebunnybabe
by Ruby Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 11:38 AM
Same day / next day. You dont have to use the debit card either. It goes in your paypal account & you can do an online transfer for free to your bank account. I also use Square in my business to accept credit cards & love their service. It goes in the next day also.
DEJavu17
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 11:40 AM
Eek! I can't wait that long. We need the $$ now.

Quoting p608319chef:

I don't know about the debit case but up to four business days into the paypal account and sometimes up to 3 weeks for it to clear.
DEJavu17
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 11:41 AM
Its M&T bank

Quoting brettsmomma:

I send my friend money to help her and she gets it right away in her account. but I think its the bank and its policies that affect that. Call your bank and ask. 

cklamour
by Gold Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 11:44 AM

The money should come instantly to your paypal account. When I make a sale the money is there as soon as they post it. Now transfering the funds from paypal to my checking, I can't remember. I normally just use my paypal debit card to make my purchases.

bcauseimthemom
by Ruby Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 11:47 AM

It depends if her paypal account is verified.  It could hit insantly or it could take up to a week to clear if it is an echeck.... once it shows up in your paypal account, you have access to it immediately.

DEJavu17
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 11:48 AM
We are new to PayPal. Dh set it up for his eBay transactions and will probably use it for business transactions as well. We just can't wait for days for the money.

Quoting cklamour:

The money should come instantly to your paypal account. When I make a sale the money is there as soon as they post it. Now transfering the funds from paypal to my checking, I can't remember. I normally just use my paypal debit card to make my purchases.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN