Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I can't believe he admitted it!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 194 Replies

I told my husband how much it hurts my feelings when he is critical of my housekeeping.  

1- I disclosed very early in our relationship that I am a poor housekeeper, but I do try.  I am just not naturally a very neat and organized person, and I grew up with a maid.  I didn't do my first load of laundry, sweep a floor, or wash a dish until I was in college.  It makes me sad that I didn't learn these skills earlier because it truly is hard to develop those habits so late in life.  2- I'm home with four children.  I breastfeed two of them every 3 hours.  One is potty training.  I keep them busy all day with activities and outdoor play to keep them from being sucked into TV.  3- My priority is always having things done for the kids- their laundry, healthy homemade meals, homemade baby food.  4- I am suffering from terrible sleep psychosis.  I have not slept more than 4 hours in 6 months, and half the time, I forget where I am and what I am doing.

He is ZERO help at home, and he expects me to do everything for him.

So I tried to explain to him that I am struggling, and that it breaks my heart when he comes home and comments that I do nothing.  And wouldn't you know, that jerk said, "Well, when I give you a hard time about it, the next few days you seem to get more done."  So I said, "Are you telling me that you say hurtful things to me t try to manipulate me to be more productive?"  He shrugged and said, "Yeah.... I guess so."

angry 

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 26, 2013 at 12:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kaffedrikke
by Gold Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 12:25 PM
5 moms liked this
Maybe he needs to spend a day doing whatbyou do minus the breast feeding.
HappySquirrel
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 12:26 PM
Orrr he could do some stuff for the net few days and just keep his mouth shut. What a prick.
Jcothrine
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 12:26 PM

bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 26, 2013 at 12:27 PM
1 mom liked this

He kept all the kids for 10 hours while I was in the emergency room, and he acted like it was no big deal.  My brother told me (weeks later) that he spent 6 of those hours at my mom's house, and she had the 2 babies while he took the oldest (plus toddler) to baseball practice.

He will not admit that it is hard.  Stubborn ass.

Quoting kaffedrikke:

Maybe he needs to spend a day doing whatbyou do minus the breast feeding.

Andreaaa81
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 12:27 PM
2 moms liked this

HAHA this is the story of 80 percent of women in the world. As I read this I just nodded. Good luck sister and try to let it roll off you back as much as possible. MEN!! 

Mcelly
by Gold Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 12:27 PM
1 mom liked this

What an a$$hole. Why don't you have a maid? I guess you married down. Wowen should always marry someone who is at least at their level.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 26, 2013 at 12:27 PM

You would think, right?

Quoting HappySquirrel:

Orrr he could do some stuff for the net few days and just keep his mouth shut. What a prick.

Marimaru
by Silver Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 12:28 PM
3 moms liked this

I think I'd say "Well, I now promise you: that will NEVER work again."

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 26, 2013 at 12:29 PM

I did marry down, and it has caused a world of problems.

Quoting Mcelly:

What an a$$hole. Why don't you have a maid? I guess you married down. Wowen should always marry someone who is at least at their level.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 26, 2013 at 12:29 PM
LOL
Quoting Marimaru:

I think I'd say "Well, I now promise you: that will NEVER work again."

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured