Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Moms that have their tubes tied or have the Essure springs thingy

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 2:57 PM
  • 47 Replies

Tell me your experiences! Are your periods worse after tying your tubes? I'm seriously considering having either one done after this baby but I want some real life advice on it. Thanks!

by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 2:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ashley9603
by RunningMomma on Jun. 26, 2013 at 3:01 PM

I had my tubal done after my twins were born,2 yrs ago.My periods are more predicatable,as far as cramping and flow they are about the same as what they were before.No issues here.

Jamie1972
by Ruby Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 3:01 PM

When I do get my period it's slightly heavier then what I used to have. But I think that has to do more with going months without then my tubes being tied. And giving birth have screwed my cycles up alot, that's why I go months with out having periods.

Leissaintexas
by Platinum Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 3:03 PM

No issues here.

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Jun. 26, 2013 at 3:04 PM

I had my tubes clamped 4 years ago. My periods have been like clockwork, very light, and only last about 3 days. Best thing ever.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 26, 2013 at 3:07 PM

I had issues after my tubes were tied but it has more to do with my uterus not shrinking after my daughters birth than with the tubes being tied. 

LNLMommy
by Silver Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 3:10 PM

Thanks ladies!

PinkyPan
by Ruby Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 3:12 PM

I had my tubes ties almost 27 yrs ago. My periods regulated and were consistent. No problems and no regrets. 

blondieinva80
by Silver Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 3:14 PM
I have essure and have no issues with periods
adhaodd1child
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 3:14 PM

I just had mine clamped January 7th of this year and havent had no issues my periods are lighter and I can sometimes tell when I am going to start or when my body is trying to ovulate. Look into it doesnt have all of the side effects of the actual tying or burning does and its easier on your body.

Elyce225
by Ruby Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 3:20 PM

The biggest regret of my life is getting my tubes tied.

My period was very regular, I never had PMS or any other symptom before. I got my tubes tied 20. Months ago and since then my periods have been horrible. They are SO heavy, the cramps are unbearable and the PMS is out of control. That is when my period even comes. I will get it one month and then not for three. My hormones go insane when that happens.

I am so mad at myself for getting it done.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)