Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Why do you drive a Lexus? We all know you live in a dump

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 5 Replies
My MIL lives in a dumpy house. I mean...like a shack. It's dirty and the floor literally has a hole in it. She is a PA, so it's not like she can't afford to live in better.

Anyway...a few months ago, she texted me (on the day that my DD had surgery) to tell me that she bought a brand new Lexus. She didn't even bother to ask me if dd came out of surgery ok, or how she was...just to tell me that she got a Lexus, and that her car was much nicer than ours now.

I really wanted to go the hell off on her, but I didn't. I just said that the baby was in surgery and didn't feel like discussing her Lexus. She never even asked how she was. On fb all the time, she is always bragging about her stupid Lexus. I just roll my eyes
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 26, 2013 at 3:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 26, 2013 at 3:39 PM
1 mom liked this
Some peoples priorities are fucked up. Is her house at least clean? :/ middle age crisis maybe?
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 26, 2013 at 3:46 PM
No, it's dirty as hell. I stopped letting my kids go over there because it was so dirty.

Quoting Anonymous:

Some peoples priorities are fucked up. Is her house at least clean? :/ middle age crisis maybe?
PitbullPrincess
by Woof on Jun. 26, 2013 at 3:49 PM

She may have leased the car,  you can get flash cars for a cheaper payment, you just don't own them.  Either way, what a freaking peach she sounds like!  Surgery go well?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 26, 2013 at 4:00 PM
1 mom liked this

I do loan apps every day for $40K and such for people renting trailers and flipping burgers and have jacked up credit, but they think they need a brand new Escalade off the show room floor.  Guess what. They get denied.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 26, 2013 at 4:05 PM
It did :). Thank you

Quoting PitbullPrincess:

She may have leased the car,  you can get flash cars for a cheaper payment, you just don't own them.  Either way, what a freaking peach she sounds like!  Surgery go well?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)