Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Asked To Be Raped

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 246 Replies
9 moms liked this
Is nothing anyone's "fault" anymore? Does no one take responsibility for their actions anymore?

I see it everywhere. When I worked, it was at the office. On the news, anytime something happens it is always someone else's fault. Someone is victimized, and there is no responsibility taken. The victim "had a right" to be wherever they were, or do whatever it is they were doing, even if it was unsafe for them to do so. The person who victimized them...it's not their fault either. They had a messed up childhood, or some other such crap.

And you see it with children. Little Tommy holds his finger 2 inches away from Sally's nose, taunting her. She smacks his finger out of the way, and little Tommy starts screaming bloody murder that "she hit me!" Yeah, well you provoked it you little ass.

A mother's baby was stolen out of her car. Victim here, victim here!!! Does it matter that she left the baby in the car while she ran into the grocery store? Sure as hell does. Is it "victim blaming" to say that she shouldn't have done that? No, it's not.

Teenager sneaks out of the house to go party with friends, and gets drunk off her ass and raped. Is it "victim blaming" to say that she made a poor choice to defy her parents and engage in activities that she legally isn't even allowed to do? No, it's not.

It's time a spade were called a spade. Just because Serena Williams made an observation about the Stuebenville rape victim (she shouldn't have been drinking), does NOT mean that she is "victim blaming". She did NOT say that the girl asked to be raped, deserved it, or those boys are not to blame. What she said was correct.

SMDH.
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 26, 2013 at 4:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 26, 2013 at 5:32 PM
11 moms liked this

Thank God someone else thinks the same way. I agree 100%. 

seemommyrun
by Sue daNim on Jun. 26, 2013 at 5:32 PM
47 moms liked this

MicheleJM
by Phoenix on Jun. 26, 2013 at 5:35 PM
5 moms liked this

This.  Maybe she shouldn't HAVE been drinking.  God knows I've drank too much a time or two.  Me and 90 percent of the people on God's green planet.  Still doesn't give the rapist the right to do what he did.

Quoting seemommyrun:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 26, 2013 at 5:36 PM
The masses of people don’t think so.

Sad society we’re living in. SMDH
Bigmetalchicken
by Ruby Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 5:37 PM
5 moms liked this

Who gives a shit what that girl says anyway? Is there actually anyone who values the opinion of some twit who is famous for hitting a bouncy ball with a swishy frying pan?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 26, 2013 at 5:38 PM
But it's not the rapists fault either, because he was abused as a child. He's just a product of his environment!!!

Quoting seemommyrun:

couture-mommy
by She.Me.Her on Jun. 26, 2013 at 5:40 PM
I agree
seemommyrun
by Sue daNim on Jun. 26, 2013 at 5:46 PM
2 moms liked this

We are all products of our environments.  Not a free pass...

Quoting Anonymous:

But it's not the rapists fault either, because he was abused as a child. He's just a product of his environment!!!

Quoting seemommyrun:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 26, 2013 at 5:46 PM
1 mom liked this
Being outside and being raped isn't the same thing as putting yourself in the position for someone to victimize you.

You do know that only the first word in a sentence, and proper names, pretty much are all that needs to be capitalized? Well, I guess you don't seeing as how you pretty much capitalized every word.

Quoting MommyToBe0001:

Its Nobody's Fault For Being Raped This Is The Most Stupid Post And Its Disgusting ! I Was Raped And It Was So Severe That It Fucked Me Up In The Head And Caused Me To Develop P.T.S.D . . .So What If This Happend To Your Daughter And She Comes Crying To You That Someone Raped Her What Are You Gonna Tell Her ? Hey You Asked To Be Raped Cause You Were Outside Being A Child And Someone Took You From Your Mom And Raped You ? Awesome Parenting . . . You Don't Know What It Is Like Until You Are In That Situation Judge Away I Don't give a fuck . but this post is so fucked up and I'm just calling it as i see it !

autodidact
by Snarknado on Jun. 26, 2013 at 5:46 PM
3 moms liked this

that's an oxymoron. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN