Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

PIOG: How young is too young to dye your child's hair?

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 5:16 PM
  • 105 Replies
1 mom liked this

Would you take your 6yo for highlights?  How young is too young for dying their hair?

by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 5:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrsMiles85
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 5:18 PM

It's funny that you posted this because I have been seriously thinking about letting my 6 year old get blond highlights.  She wants to and I really don't see the problem.  However if I see someones opinion that I think is valid, I might change my mind.  If not, it will happen tomorrow lol.

MrsMiles85
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 5:18 PM

BUMP!

Mommy_Jenx3
by Ruby Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 5:19 PM

I dunno. My daughter is only 4, so that isn't something I think of yet. I have a hard time curling her hair because it's so fine and I don't want to damage it. She has only had that done the 2 times she has had a trim (her hair grows slow) and me doing it once. We use the spray that washes right out if she wants some pink in that day or another color. I certaintly won't judge someone who does it on their child. That is not my buisness.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 26, 2013 at 5:20 PM
3 moms liked this

I say under 14 is too young. 

danie24
by Ruby Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 5:20 PM

For my family, under 18 is too young for anything chemical.

I would let my teenager use henna, though.

sarah824
by Platinum Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 5:20 PM
1 mom liked this

I put highlights in DD's hair last summer. She was almost 5. I started bleaching DS's mohawk last summer too. He was 7-1/2. I think it is personal preference for everyone.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 26, 2013 at 5:20 PM
1 mom liked this

I will not let them do anything permanent until they are 15. I let them use the wash out kind from ages 12 and up. My 11yo dd wanted blonde highlights, I bought her sun-in.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 26, 2013 at 5:21 PM
2 moms liked this
Hair grows back, but they're children, not dolls.
sstef126
by Bronze Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 5:22 PM

My kids have been dying their hair since they were 10. My 12 yr old has had red,purple,blonde, blue.... She does this when she goes to her friends houses.  I just laugh.....

spooky415
by Ruby Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 5:22 PM
My son got red tips on his mohawk last year for Rock the Hawk. He was four. We trimmed it off at the end just because my FIL would have thrown a fit and I didn't want to deal with that lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)