Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I hate cleaning and my husband is a slob.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 30 Replies

What do I do about it? I don't think he's ever used a hamper, he just throws his clothes where ever he feels like. When he eats he leaves dishes and wrappers where ever. This one really bothers me, he really likes PB&J sandwiches so he'll make one for himself, he'll leave the jelly open on the counter, the peanut butter open on the counter, the bread bag open on the counter, a dirty jelly covered spoon on the counter, and crumbs everywhere because he won't make it on a plate. He takes his sandwiches sets them on the arm of our chair gets crumbs all over it. I have told him multiple times that this really bothers me yet he won't stop doing it. How can I get him to stop doing this?

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 26, 2013 at 7:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 26, 2013 at 7:31 PM

join the club!! lol i just pointed out one day that even our (then) 3yo was neater and better at cleaning up after himself then he was and that that was pretty damn pathetic. he's still a slob but is getting MUCH better.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 26, 2013 at 7:33 PM

bump!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 26, 2013 at 7:34 PM

My DH is the same way, only he'll try to do better when I ask.

SWasson
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 7:37 PM

Let him know that whatever he leaves out is going in his car, then do it!

JamesMom714
by Platinum Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 7:37 PM
You tell him to clean it the fuck up! He's a grown man. Tell him to grow up and act like!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SadeAyosmom
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 7:37 PM

same i hate it.

worst of all he tells me i am messy!!! un fkn believable!

i clean everything he is the biggest part of the job!

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Jun. 26, 2013 at 7:38 PM

Um, no. What a pig. He wouldn't last 2 days married to me LOL!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 26, 2013 at 7:39 PM

Yep, annoying as HELL.  It is hard to just have a conversation anymore because it is soo damn ridiculous.  He doesn't do his own laundry, dishes, and doesn't even help pick up toys the girls get out.  He will move around stuff I'm trying to sort/organize, pile it up, later on bump it and knock it all in the floor and still NOT pick it up.  All because, "it isn't mine"  Seriously?  So done, at my breaking point, tired of feeling like I have 3 kids.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jun. 26, 2013 at 7:40 PM

I have been married 20 yrs and it sounds exactly like my dh(and even worse)  They don't change.

DanaG70
by Platinum Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 7:41 PM

When you walk into the kitchen and he's left a mess, don't clean it up, go into the living room and tell him to go clean it up. If the sandwich is on the arm of the chair, get a plate and put it under the sandwich, tell him that the arm of the chair is not a plate. When he throws clothes on the floor, make him clean it up.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN