Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Sahms of cm: why are you always cleaning?!

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 10:06 PM
  • 143 Replies
2 moms liked this
I've seen numerous posts from working moms say they have it harder because they do what a sahm does plus work. Then a sahm comes back with "we'll we have to clean up all day and the kids make a mess all day-- As if the house is constantly being destroyed all day.

I'm sorry but I'm a sahm too and yes i clean daily but probably just as much as working moms do! The only ones making a mess are the kids. If they are old enough to make a huge mess they are old enough to help pick it up.

I mean, really. What do you women do all day that you are constantly cleaning up something?

Luckily we have a play room and understand some dont so the kids play in the living room but just keep it in there and you will only have 1 room to pick up! Better yet, go outside! Then the house stays even cleaner.
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 10:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
danie24
by Ruby Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 10:10 PM
I spend a total of 1-2 hours cleaning everyday.

The rest of my time is spent playing with my kids, going to the beach, coffee with friends, taking my kids to the playground, drinking tea on my deck in the sun, relaxing, crafts with kids, visiting family and cooking.
ChevronOwls
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 10:11 PM
Sounds about right around here too!

Quoting danie24:

I spend a total of 1-2 hours cleaning everyday.

The rest of my time is spent playing with my kids, going to the beach, coffee with friends, taking my kids to the playground, drinking tea on my deck in the sun, relaxing, crafts with kids, visiting family and cooking.
vegaswife2011
by LMAO on Jun. 26, 2013 at 10:13 PM

I'm following kids around all day cleaning up their messes! Lmao

laura_simss
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 10:14 PM
2 moms liked this

I don't understand it either. It is not hard to clean as you go 

HistoryNutty
by Ruby Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 10:17 PM
1 mom liked this
Today I washed the dishes. I don't have the energy for the rest today.
CjEmmemommy
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 10:19 PM
1 mom liked this

We have a play room. pool and outside play area but there is still a mess all day;) I have 3 under 7 and they all do well at picking up their messes but they still need to be told and I end up helping a lot.. The little one is always pulling out blankets, getting shoes, playing with toys, getting sticky stuff everywhere even if he hasnt had food! The other 2 track in dirt, dust and leaves, wet the floors, have towels, shoes, toys etc.. We have all wood downstairs so I always feel like I am sweeping and cleaning up the floors, there never seems to be much time before each meals and dish cleaning. Then you unload the dishes from the night before and load the current ones. 3 bathrooms means I always have a mirror, toilet or floor to clean, tons of laundry to do, they clean their own rooms but its never that good..

I am sure as they get older their chores can increase and they will be better at them but for now I spend a lot of time picking up the small things and wiping things down. To be fair its probably only a few hours a day but it seems to take the whole day to get anything finished. The maid most of the "hard" stuff I just pick up all the time:)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 26, 2013 at 10:20 PM

im not...i put one day aside for all the major cleaning then every day is just general straightening up and what not.

IFartGlitter
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 10:21 PM

My children DO constantly destroy the house all day, LOL. They are 2 and 3 and messy as hell. 

MamaSwan001
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 10:22 PM
I clean as I go but there are days I wake up ad my brother and father have left quite a mess for me. I normally try to leave cleaning for nap time though. It is much easier when she is asleep I get it all done and when she wakes up she is fed and that's when we will go in the pool or out to the park or ect..
ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on Jun. 26, 2013 at 10:23 PM

I work slowly. Having issues walking in pregnancy. No rush I have all day.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN