Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sheriff's Car was on my street

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 10:13 PM
  • 56 Replies
1 mom liked this

I went to the store this evening while the kids were playing outside and my husband was inside.  The kids were playing with the kids across the road in there back yard.  When I came home, there was a Sheriff's car at the neighbor's house talking to 2 of her kids, and 1 of mine.  Apparently, the neighbor's kids went across the road without looking, as the Sheriff was driving by.  They were talked to about having to look both ways before crossing.  He then had my 7 year old show him how to cross the street while riding her bike.  She passed.  

When he saw me pull into my drive-way, he turned around and told me what a good job she did.  He also told her (at my request) that she still needed her bike helmet, that it is the law until she is 16.  

Part of me should be upset that he talked to her without me or her dad present, but I am proud that she did a good job.  She has only been riding without training wheels for a year.

by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 10:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
alexsmomaubrys2
by Ruby Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 10:15 PM
4 moms liked this

Glad he cared enough to stop.

Dinimon
by NoCookiesForYou on Jun. 26, 2013 at 10:16 PM
This.

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

Glad he cared enough to stop.

dmarie2101
by Ruby Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 10:18 PM
15 moms liked this

why be upset he talked to her without you or her dad? youre ok with her being outside alone, why be mad about a cop, looking out for the kids safety, talking to her alone? and obviously if your husband had been actually watching, he would have seen them talking and could have gone out so she wouldnt have been "alone."

Nicoleb9
by Emerald Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 10:19 PM
3 moms liked this
His job is to protect the public and it sounds like he was doing a good job of it. He wasn't interrogating them about a crime.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 26, 2013 at 10:19 PM
1 mom liked this
Really? There is NO reason for you to be upset. Grow up.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 26, 2013 at 10:20 PM

Wow, the cops in your town must be bored. That would never happen in my city. They are too busy dealing with homicides.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 26, 2013 at 10:21 PM
He wasn't talking to her about boys in appropriately touching her. He stopped because they were in danger and he made sure they were ok and to donut properly next time. Why would you be upset that he was talking to them. He was an officer in uniform?
IWantOneMorePlz
by Gold Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 10:22 PM

Because she was playing in my neighbor's back yard with her 3 children.  She was out there keeping an eye on her kids and I went over there to tell them I would be right back.  My neighbor said, "No problem.  They can stay here until you get back."  My husband knew this, so he was not "hovering".  My kids are old enough to play outside by themselves.

Quoting dmarie2101:

why be upset he talked to her without you or her dad? youre ok with her being outside alone, why be mad about a cop, looking out for the kids safety, talking to her alone? and obviously if your husband had been actually watching, he would have seen them talking and could have gone out so she wouldnt have been "alone."

FutureSoccerM0m
by Platinum Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 10:23 PM
1 mom liked this

Watch your kids then part of you wont be upset that a cop talks to them.  Easy Peasy.

Oh and btw...he wasn't interrogating them.

IWantOneMorePlz
by Gold Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 10:23 PM

that statement upset me!  Now I am going to cry...Boo hoo.

Quoting Anonymous:

Really? There is NO reason for you to be upset. Grow up.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured