Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Are you pro-choice or pro-life? *poll*

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Are you pro-choice or pro-life? *poll*

Options:

Pro-choice

Pro-life

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 445

View Results

Everyone has their own opinion and every study is going to be swayed a certain way. The researchers WANT their viewpoints to be the "winning" side of the argument. Unbiased results are nearly impossible to find.

And yes, I deleted the rest of the initial post. The post is going in other directions and focusing on what websites are biased towards pro-life or pro-choice. That is not what this poll is about!

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 27, 2013 at 1:54 AM
Replies (21-30):
anonymous12308
by Platinum Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 2:14 AM
If I had the money, patience, and a big enough place I would adopt like crazy. I'd love to be a sergeant mother but due to health issues I don't qualify.

Quoting Lilcountrygrl86:

Pro CHOICE!

: )

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 27, 2013 at 2:15 AM

"Facts" supporting pro-choice and abortions... This is two things to consider :

(Remember, everything on the internet is biased.)

In terms of rape:

31% of rape victims develop post-traumatic stress disorder, a mental disorder wherein triggering events cause flashbacks, nightmares, severe anxiety, and uncontrollable thoughts about the original event. For example- a gunshot victim might hear a car backfire and essentially experience the horrors of the event all over again.

For a rape victim, those 9 months will potentially be psychologically devastating- her changing body and growing belly will be constant, unavoidable reminders of what happened, and possibly triggering. Prenatal exams that involve getting undressed, being naked, and being touched in intimate places, may all send her reeling back to the memory of her rape. Being approached by well-meaning strangers who assume that her pregnancy is a wanted one about whose conception was a joyful experience, may send her into a depressive tailspin as she is forced either to recount her situation or to make up a happy lie.

Rape traumatizes because it takes away control and leaves you vulnerable and helpless; it literally takes away your right to decide what happens to your body. Forcing a woman to continue a pregnancy does precisely the same thing; if this happens to a woman, the person or entity forcing her to remain pregnant is, in my eyes, just as guilty as the rapist in its violation of her.

If a woman voluntarily chooses to continue a pregnancy that resulted from rape, that is her right, and I think she should be showered with love, support, and have continuous access to mental healthcare for her well-being. But the choice should always remain with the woman, and she should never, ever, ever be shamed for choosing abortion- to say that it is selfish or wrong is to say that her psychological well-being is of no importance.

In terms of a substance abuse problem:

A woman struggling with substance abuse puts her fetus and future child at great risk (Fetal alcohol exposure is the leading known cause of intellectual disability in the Western world, and the lifetime medical and social costs of FAS are estimated to be as high as $800,000 per child born with the disorder), ergo if she wants the option of abortion, she should be allowed to do so.

Momniscient
by Ruby Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 2:16 AM
1 mom liked this
Pro choice.

And I don't really care what people's reasons are.

This is a silly study anyway. As soon as it said American babies killed by abortion I quit giving it any credence.
Momniscient
by Ruby Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 2:17 AM
3 moms liked this
So...
None.

That's usually the answer.

Quoting anonymous12308:

If I had the money, patience, and a big enough place I would adopt like crazy. I'd love to be a sergeant mother but due to health issues I don't qualify.

Quoting Lilcountrygrl86:

Pro CHOICE!

: )

Mashnut3161
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 2:17 AM

Pro Choice. Because it still leaves those who believe in Pro Life only, their choice and the others the choice that best suites them.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 27, 2013 at 2:18 AM

And another website will be biased during pro-choice. You're expecting to be able to come across an unbiased website on the internet? Come on. We all know that's not going to happen. You wanted more "facts", I posted them. And I use the term facts loosely. 

My post doesn't give a shit who is pro-life or pro-choice. I don't care either way, I am merely curious. And this post isn't about what websites are biased towards what. This post is about PEOPLES views. Not websites views.

Quoting NiamhWitch:

Abort73 is, again, a biased Pro-Life site.

Quoting Anonymous:

http://www.abort73.com/abortion_facts/us_abortion_statistics/

Quoting NiamhWitch:

Exactly. I followed the links and they were all to sites like "life news" and "Baptist Press" etc. Sounds totally unbiased to me...

Quoting Anonymous:

Also I wouldn't listen to statistics from a site called Abotionfacts

Give me some unbiased numbers

anon1986East
by Kali on Jun. 27, 2013 at 2:18 AM
1 mom liked this

Pro-choice. Abortion has never been an option for me, I can't see myself ever having one but I believe in the choice for others. I'd rather not see the days of "back alley abortions" make a comeback.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 27, 2013 at 2:18 AM

Ugh, nevermind. The study has NOTHING to do with the poll.

Quoting Momniscient:

Pro choice.

And I don't really care what people's reasons are.

This is a silly study anyway. As soon as it said American babies killed by abortion I quit giving it any credence.

lwalker270
by Ruby Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 2:19 AM
Pro-choice
KGreen75
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 2:19 AM
I'm anti-abortion.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN