Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Are you pro-choice or pro-life? *poll*

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Are you pro-choice or pro-life? *poll*

Options:

Pro-choice

Pro-life

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 445

View Results

Everyone has their own opinion and every study is going to be swayed a certain way. The researchers WANT their viewpoints to be the "winning" side of the argument. Unbiased results are nearly impossible to find.

And yes, I deleted the rest of the initial post. The post is going in other directions and focusing on what websites are biased towards pro-life or pro-choice. That is not what this poll is about!

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 27, 2013 at 1:54 AM
Replies (271-280):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 26 on Jul. 3, 2013 at 12:11 PM
I agree. I'm pro-choice but I personally wouldn't get an abortion. I just make sure to protect myself. When I got pregnant I did go to have an abortion because I didn't want to be with the guy. I went as far as sitting there with the robe on waiting for the Dr to come and changed my mind. This happened twice. I think if I would have went through it the first time I wouldn't be around today. I was suicidal and my oldest saved my life.

Quoting Anonymous:

Pro-Choice. I would never personally get one because of years of infertility but I don't give a rats ass what other people do with their parasitic lives 

HilbillyMamaof3
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 12:49 PM
The problem is not the infants. Why is this so hard to see. The problem is not even the children that are in a position to be adopted. The problem is the (in general) uneducated woman, who get pregnant and keeps it. If you have so much love in your heart, and so much need to care and love a child, why not take in a foster-child? They NEED your love! They NEED your stability! They need your home.

Why do these children's not count, to the very people that fight for their lives from the womb! How can *you* protest and scream murder, but yet, walk away from so many that need *you*. It breaks my heart, and I do not understand.

The theories are "I can't get close to a child that I will loose" " I want my own" being a parent is nothing more than self sacrifice- day after day. These 'Christians' are all about throwing there Bible around (not all, I'm a Christian too) and only helping the infants, like the rest of the children don't exist.

There are thousands of children in the US alone that need homes. How can you fight for their life and then abandon them once they are damaged goods. Unfortunately, in the world we live in abortion has a place, and if you do not believe that, get in the trenches and see, first hand the life of an unwanted and unloved child is like. Do not scream from the pulpit all that is wrong with the word and then close your door and hide inside your church. Jesus was a friend to whores, drunks, and cheats. For me, that is the lesson that I will take from the Bible. Do not judge, love as Christ loved you. And ultimately do unto others and you would have done unto you.

Quoting jenUCLA:

Quoting sugarcrisp who wrote in RED:

Quoting sugarcrisp:

The
point is that many children are in the system needing a forever home; a
family. But the problem is too many people want that 'perfect white
baby' and so the rest are left to get older through the system, and the
older they get, the less likely they are to be adopted. Is the damand
for adoptive parents as high as those needing a home? Absolutely not. In
all actuality, if every family/individual seeking a child to adopt
adopted regardless of age/race/gender, there would still be children
needing homes.

STOP SPREADING LIES THAT ARE USED TO RATIONALIZE KILLING UNBORN CHILDREN. How
are these LIES when the statistics back my argument up? Oh wait. They
aren't lies. They're the very facts that many pro-life individuals do
not want to admit to themselves. It's ugly huh? I can see why you'd want
to be an ostrich and put your head in the sand. 
Every American infant put up for adoption gets adopted immediately, regardless of his or her race. Statistics
state otherwise. Not to mention that not once in my mother's 7 years of
fosterparenting did she ever get a white baby waiting to be adopted put
into her care. But the others? Aaaallll the time. Between these babies
and my brother being 10.5yrs younger than me, I knew how to take care of
a baby before I even had my son. 
I'm friends with one couple who
traveled to Ethiopia to adopt an infant, because they had spent years
on waiting lists to adopt an American infant (of any race), and were
sick of waiting; and with another couple who traveled to China to adopt
an infant, for the same reason. Which adds to the children building up in the system. Good for your friends for helping contribute to the problem.I
assure you, neither couple flew home with a "white baby."   Have you
not heard of the international adoption trend?  Did you assume all these
people are going to the trouble of traveling to third-world countries
because they have something against tapping into the copious supply of
American infants that are available for adoption?  Sheesh.

All older children who are awaiting adoption were put up for adoption as older children, not as infants. Again, you are wrong. You should research the statistics. You'll be eating your own shorts after. It's pretty sick and sad. They
are not relevant to the issue of abortion, because what you have when
you choose not to abort is an infant, for whom the demand from adoptive
parents is red-hot. Again--
only if they're white. The demand for infants is high, yes. Those other
kids don't matter. But the DEMAND as compared to the SUPPLY of infants
of any race outside of white? Off-kilter to the nth degree. And thus
these children will end up growing up in the system.

The statistics back your argument up?  You haven't cited any statistics!  Unlike you, I lifted a finger to actually gather some statistics.  Here are the statistics anybody can find at http://adoptuskids.org/meet-the-children/search :

Age        Number of children available for adoption
infant         0
1        1
2        4
3        9
4       14
5       18
6       20
7       39
8       63
9       92
10     135
11     183
12     289
13     379
14     503
15     542

Whrere are all the non-white infants whom you claim would have been better off aborted?!  Not here!  There's no need to advertise their availalbility online, because -- like I said -- they get adopted immediately.  My friends didn't go to Ethiopia to adopt a non-white infant because they're stupid.  They did so because they got sick of spending years on a waiting list to adopt an American infant of any race.

And don't try to confuse people by talking about foster care, which is quite different from the institution of adoption.   When children are taken from unfit parents, the temporary solution is foster care, and then the system works toward finding permanent adoptive parents.  As the statistics show, that's a very easy task indeed when the child is an infant of any race.

Having looked at the statistics, am I eating my own shorts?  <sigh> The pro-abortion crowd spews such arrogance... all to promote killing unborn children. 

Bottom line, adoption agencies have NO trouble placing the children of women who choose not to abort.

Sasha-
by Gold Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 9:34 AM

Pro-life for myself as I only control myself, everyone else i do not care.

Lilcountrygrl86
by Amber on Jul. 10, 2013 at 12:17 PM
1 mom liked this
How can you compare the two?
NOT the same!
Say what you want, you will not change my stance. Abortion is NOT murder. Not when done in the early stages.

Quoting Isla1982:

And should we make genocide legal to overcome over population?

Quoting Lilcountrygrl86:

Pro CHOICE!

: )

MommyKarma
by on Sep. 29, 2013 at 9:42 PM

Pro life, bump!

KGreen75
by on Sep. 29, 2013 at 9:43 PM
I'm anti abortion.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
OrientalLily
by Platinum Member on Sep. 29, 2013 at 9:47 PM

Pro-choice.  You never know why a woman would need/want to abort.  There may be reasons that we will never understand. 

AnnieGoolaheey
by Mrs. Annie Proffitt on Sep. 29, 2013 at 9:48 PM

Pro choice here.

AliKatAK47
by Meanie Pants on Sep. 29, 2013 at 9:48 PM

Who bumped this. That 1st picture is scary as hell. It keeps getting me.

NeonGirl9583
by on Sep. 29, 2013 at 9:52 PM
Pro choice!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN