Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Are you pro-choice or pro-life? *poll*

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Are you pro-choice or pro-life? *poll*

Options:

Pro-choice

Pro-life

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 445

View Results

Everyone has their own opinion and every study is going to be swayed a certain way. The researchers WANT their viewpoints to be the "winning" side of the argument. Unbiased results are nearly impossible to find.

And yes, I deleted the rest of the initial post. The post is going in other directions and focusing on what websites are biased towards pro-life or pro-choice. That is not what this poll is about!

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 27, 2013 at 1:54 AM
Replies (41-50):
Lili0509
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 2:25 AM
anonymous12308
by Gold Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 2:25 AM
Sadly yes, but that doesn't mean I would I could. I'd be turned down even if I tried.

Quoting Momniscient:

So...

None.

That's usually the answer.

Quoting anonymous12308:

If I had the money, patience, and a big enough place I would adopt like crazy. I'd love to be a sergeant mother but due to health issues I don't qualify.

Quoting Lilcountrygrl86:

Pro CHOICE!

: )

Momniscient
by Ruby Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 2:27 AM
1 mom liked this
That isn't actually true.
There is a whole lot of data out there and reputable ways of compiling that data that leave critical thinkers a whole lot of room to find solid support for their theories and ideas.

Bias exists always but not in the way you are trying to portray. And a good solid understanding of the issue using various means and sources of information gives a real good dose of the reality of the situation.

Pro life websites are not the place for that. Pro life websites exist merely to reel in the emotional and the simple minded who want a quick fix to satisfy their own need to feel self righteous.

Quoting Anonymous:

And I could've went totally pro-choice as well. That doesn't matter. NONE of that matters. It will not change anyones opinion what I post. If you're pro-life or pro-choice your opinion isn't going to be swayed by a few random "facts" that are Googled.

You can essentially hand-shape research study findings into whatever you wish and whatever side of the fence you're on. Unbiased isn't going to happen very easily.

Quoting Momniscient:

I understand what you are trying to say but you could have chosen something from a less obvious pro life site.

Quoting Anonymous:

Ugh, nevermind. The study has NOTHING to do with the poll.

Quoting Momniscient:

Pro choice.

And I don't really care what people's reasons are.

This is a silly study anyway. As soon as it said American babies killed by abortion I quit giving it any credence.

rosewind13
by Silver Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 2:28 AM
Pro-life.
Momniscient
by Ruby Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 2:30 AM
Ok. So why outlaw someone else's choices and up the chances that more and more children will be brought unwanted into the world without people willing or able to adopt them?

You are no more obligated to adopt someone else's child for your ideals than they are obligated to carry a pregnancy for yours.

Quoting anonymous12308:

Sadly yes, but that doesn't mean I would I could. I'd be turned down even if I tried.

Quoting Momniscient:

So...

None.

That's usually the answer.

Quoting anonymous12308:

If I had the money, patience, and a big enough place I would adopt like crazy. I'd love to be a sergeant mother but due to health issues I don't qualify.

Quoting Lilcountrygrl86:

Pro CHOICE!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 27, 2013 at 2:34 AM

Then you post what you wish in regards to facts. I'm uninterested in partaking in anymore of the conversation in regards to websites. 

Quoting Momniscient:

That isn't actually true.
There is a whole lot of data out there and reputable ways of compiling that data that leave critical thinkers a whole lot of room to find solid support for their theories and ideas.

Bias exists always but not in the way you are trying to portray. And a good solid understanding of the issue using various means and sources of information gives a real good dose of the reality of the situation.

Pro life websites are not the place for that. Pro life websites exist merely to reel in the emotional and the simple minded who want a quick fix to satisfy their own need to feel self righteous.

Quoting Anonymous:

And I could've went totally pro-choice as well. That doesn't matter. NONE of that matters. It will not change anyones opinion what I post. If you're pro-life or pro-choice your opinion isn't going to be swayed by a few random "facts" that are Googled.

You can essentially hand-shape research study findings into whatever you wish and whatever side of the fence you're on. Unbiased isn't going to happen very easily.

Quoting Momniscient:

I understand what you are trying to say but you could have chosen something from a less obvious pro life site.

Quoting Anonymous:

Ugh, nevermind. The study has NOTHING to do with the poll.

Quoting Momniscient:

Pro choice.

And I don't really care what people's reasons are.

This is a silly study anyway. As soon as it said American babies killed by abortion I quit giving it any credence.

Sekirei
by LoKitty on Jun. 27, 2013 at 2:35 AM

pro choice...

bi-polarmommy
by Gold Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 2:37 AM

if i had the resources - all of them!

Quoting Lilcountrygrl86:

Pro CHOICE!

pro-life

cincymom23
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 2:38 AM

I don't like it wouldn't do it myself BUT it's not my right to say what someone else can or can't do witht their body.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 27, 2013 at 2:38 AM

I am somplace in the middle because if human life did not begin at conception than what else would be forming for 9 months.  That baby is not going to morph into a giraffe!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured