Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

he refuses to have the conversation over the phone

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 28 Replies

My "SO" and I are at a crossroad with our relationship.  We both say "we don't want anything serious" but it kind of evolved into that on its own.

At first just casually dating

soon after we were exclusively dating

A pregnancy scare, scared both of us but in that we broke down some walls

complete 180, the affection went up, the time spent was longer, the openness about feelings grew more, he met my child, and then when he met my child it changed again, he started pursuing his goals more actively, mentioning my child in his future, us as a family, etc etc

Again, we never said "we are together" but it sort of just evolved into that

So I let him know, I have really fallen for him and we should talk about a direction we are going in because the direction I want to go in is eventually I want to be with him, live with him, marry him, I know it won't happen now but I want to make sure that is eventually what he wants too.

Now he is refusing to talk on the phone about it

He is saying he wants to talk in person about it only because it will be quicker and better in person and that I shouldn't be scared to talk about it in person. I'd rather talk about it on the phone honestly because he and I both know, that if our directions aren't the same, we're over.

idk 

what do you think?

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 27, 2013 at 4:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mandy575
by Silver Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 4:18 AM

It doesn't sound like it's bad news. Just breath and listen to what he has to say... Good Luck!!!

yo_ho
by Silver Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 4:18 AM
I would want to do it in person too so that you can see facial expressions.
MessedUpMama
by Bronze Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 4:20 AM

Well, if he knows that it will be over if you both don't want the same thing, and he still wants to have that conversation in person, I'd think that he might be ready to ask you to marry him. I could be wrong, of course. But since he said that it would be quicker and better in person, I feel that it's positive rather than negative. It's much easier and quicker and less emotional, for him anyway, if he broke up with you over the phone. Good luck.

bbyB10
by Silver Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 4:24 AM
Good , things like that should be in person
sugarcrisp
by Ruby Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 4:30 AM
1 mom liked this

Don't worry about it.

Quote:

He is saying he wants to talk in person about it only because it will be quicker and better in person and that I shouldn't be scared to talk about it in person.

justone_jen
by Gold Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 4:32 AM
Just talk to him in person. I'd want to talk that over in person, myself.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 27, 2013 at 4:45 AM

Im such a worrier

Quoting Mandy575:

It doesn't sound like it's bad news. Just breath and listen to what he has to say... Good Luck!!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 27, 2013 at 4:47 AM

Thats something that will be brought up I am sure, but I don't think there will be a proposal 

Im glad everyone on here thinks it will be positive, Im over here stressing out

Quoting MessedUpMama:

Well, if he knows that it will be over if you both don't want the same thing, and he still wants to have that conversation in person, I'd think that he might be ready to ask you to marry him. I could be wrong, of course. But since he said that it would be quicker and better in person, I feel that it's positive rather than negative. It's much easier and quicker and less emotional, for him anyway, if he broke up with you over the phone. Good luck.

Princess_s21
by Sarah on Jun. 27, 2013 at 4:55 AM

I wouldnt want to talk about it over phone either, something like that is for face to face, you want to look at the person to get a real feel about what they are saying and how they are feeling.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 27, 2013 at 6:22 AM
If he wanted to break it off he would have done it over the phone... Why is I taking so long to meet up and just have the damn conversation?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN