Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I could kill DH. Summer bedtime?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 198 Replies
If it was up to him, the kids (my two and his one) would stay up however late they wanted to. I tried talking to him last night.

I work part-time and spend the majority of the day with the kids. I DO NOT want to hang out with them the minute I get up until the minute I lay down. Lol.

So, what are summer bedtime like @ your house? I suggested on weekends, it's on but weeknights they have to settle down inside at 9P.
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 27, 2013 at 8:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PrissyAnne
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 8:26 AM
How old are they?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 27, 2013 at 8:28 AM
5, 7, and 11. If they stay up late, the do not leave us alone - at all.

Quoting PrissyAnne:

How old are they?

LilliesValley
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 8:30 AM

We don't really have a summer bedtime. If she stays up later generally she sleeps in later so no big deal. If we have something going on the next morning then I let her know she needs to be in bed by 9:30 or 10 but like last night she went to bed on her own at 10. She just says I'm ready for bed. Our schedule is pretty loose in the summer. During school she has to be in bed by 7, 7:30 at the absolute latest, but she gets up at 5am so I let her have more freedom in the summer. DD is 6 by the way.

Mudfishzgirl
by Silver Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 8:30 AM
My DD doesn't have a bedtime durring the summer so I don't think I'll be much help to you. She's 11 and is capable of entertaining herself and staying out of trouble
SSweetcupcake
by Silver Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 8:31 AM
When it's bedtime everyone goes to sleep. But If my kids want to stay up they can if they stay in there room.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 27, 2013 at 8:31 AM

Put them down at 9 during the week. You need the rest. On weekends let them stay up, but tell them not to bother you guys. Maybe they will listen!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 27, 2013 at 8:31 AM
4 moms liked this

Seriously, that's what happens when you have children. You sound as though their existence is a burden to you. 

Sure many moms want to have an hour or two to themselves a night, but seriously the way you keep saying it sounds so bitchy and self absorbed. They're kids.

My concern wouldn't be their presence but their health and the amount of sleep they're actually getting.

Quoting Anonymous:

5, 7, and 11. If they stay up late, the do not leave us alone - at all.

Quoting PrissyAnne:

How old are they?

southernwldchld
by Gold Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 8:31 AM

My two oldest (nearly 10 and 14) have to be in their room by 10. I don't care if they stay up all night as long as they are quiet and stay out of the kitchen.

The three youngers (8, 6, 3) are in bed by 9. Otherwise they are horrid during the day.

Every once in a while the boys will have a gaming night, but it isn't often because 8yr old HAS to sleep.

All of time and space; everywhere and anywhere; every star that ever was
Where do you want to start? Take the Doctors hand and join us at Cafe Who!

aidyns_mommy
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 8:32 AM
My son is 5 . And goes to bed usually by 10, but we don't really have a set summer bed time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JLS2388
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 8:32 AM
1 mom liked this

DS is 18 months and goes to bed between 7:30 and 8:30 every night no matter what. But DD is 6 and during the school year, she usually goes to bed about about 8:30-9.During the summer, I do let her stay up later but usually only 10 pm, occasionally 11. My reasoning is, eventually, she will go back to school and I don't want her being used to staying up till midnight because that will be a hard transition back.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN