Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My secret fear.

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 9:45 AM
  • 41 Replies

I'm afraid of driving. I purposely haven't gotten my license yet because I'm afraid of driving. I'm afraid of falling asleep and causing an accident. I'm afraid that I'll get confused and cause an accident. I'm afraid my sugar will drop and cause an accident. I'm afraid. I know I need to get my license, but I'm just scared. I know it's stupid that I'm scared, but I can't help it.

by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 9:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
xixCandyxix
by Platinum Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 9:46 AM

I didn't get mine until a month before I turned 25 & I STILL don't drive unless I'm forced.

ksueditz
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 9:47 AM

i'm afraid to renew mine, b/c i have no sense of direction. i'm afraid of getting lost, or going down a one way street the wrong way. i'm also afraid of having an accident. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 27, 2013 at 9:48 AM

I was scared too. my mom pushed me to get my license when i was 19 and i was beyond TERRIFIED. but it's really not so bad. if this is something you really feel you need to do, just take it slow until you get comfortable. I do suggest getting driving lessons from a professional..that helped me a lot. They know how to constructively teach you without making you nervous. and they have a break so if god forbid, something goes wrong, they can stop the car. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 27, 2013 at 9:51 AM
If you're that terrified, then you're better off not driving, nervous drivers are just as bad as drunk drivers.
ZazaGoszzy
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 9:51 AM

I'm almost 26 and I still don't have it. :-(

Quoting xixCandyxix:

I didn't get mine until a month before I turned 25 & I STILL don't drive unless I'm forced.

ABZ_O
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 9:52 AM
I'm afraid to drive too. Both of my parents and my big sister were in multiple accidents and I'm not sure about my little sister. It scares me, if I drove, the same thing would happen to me. I walk or take the bus where I need to go; it helps to get fresh air.

Quoting ZazaGoszzy:

I'm afraid of driving. I purposely haven't gotten my license yet because I'm afraid of driving. I'm afraid of falling asleep and causing an accident. I'm afraid that I'll get confused and cause an accident. I'm afraid my sugar will drop and cause an accident. I'm afraid. I know I need to get my license, but I'm just scared. I know it's stupid that I'm scared, but I can't help it.

ZazaGoszzy
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 9:53 AM

If I could have it my way, I wouldn't drive, ever. But everyone keeps telling me I need to get my license and a car.

Quoting Anonymous:

If you're that terrified, then you're better off not driving, nervous drivers are just as bad as drunk drivers.

xixCandyxix
by Platinum Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 9:53 AM

Don't feel bad. You have legitimate reasons for it, me I just panic like a moron even though I'm an excellent driver.

Quoting ZazaGoszzy:

I'm almost 26 and I still don't have it. :-(

Quoting xixCandyxix:

ZazaGoszzy
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 9:54 AM

I take the bus wherever I go, unless I need to go to my ds' doctors. One is a half hour away from my house, the other is 15 minutes outside of my town.

Quoting ABZ_O:

I'm afraid to drive too. Both of my parents and my big sister were in multiple accidents and I'm not sure about my little sister. It scares me, if I drove, the same thing would happen to me. I walk or take the bus where I need to go; it helps to get fresh air.

Quoting ZazaGoszzy:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 27, 2013 at 9:57 AM
I'm the same way and I'm over 40. I've tried everything but can't get past my fear.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)