Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would You Be Upset If Your Neighbor Had THIS In Their Yard?

My local news posted this story.

This woman is not breaking any zoning laws, etc.

She simply turned an old shipping container into a studio space for her house.

Some of her neighbor's are having a shit fit about it, some think it's cool.

I say as long as she's not breaking any laws then whoever has an issue needs to get over it. It's her property, she can do what she wants with it.

by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 10:35 AM
Replies (71-80):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 27, 2013 at 11:34 AM
1 mom liked this
Thankfully I live in the country and all the houses don't have to be basically the same friggin color. And thankful I can't see every move my neighbors make!

Quoting Anonymous:

Thankfully I have a HOA that wouldn't allow that.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 27, 2013 at 11:39 AM
1 mom liked this
I don't understand why it would hurt the value of your property, ok I do but I don't think it should. But then again when I was/am looking for property I was more concerned with crime rates and schools not how my neighbors choose to express themselves. My biggest pet peeve is nosy neighbors who try to tell me how I'm supposed to do something, from painting my house to landscaping my yard. So i try and extend them the same courtesy and mind my own business. But thats why I'm looking for a place in the country, no nosy bitchy neighbors.
If it was illegal or a safety hazard it's different, but that studio is neither one of those things.

*edit*
But cookie cutter neighborhood, and housing developments give me the willies and would be my private hell *shudders*
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 27, 2013 at 11:45 AM
No, but then I have a life and not a nosey busy buddy. Some people have too much time on their hands and need therapy.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 27, 2013 at 12:11 PM
HOAs are for mindless uncreative drones. They have to be told what to do in order to survive.

Quoting Anonymous:

Thankfully I live in the country and all the houses don't have to be basically the same friggin color. And thankful I can't see every move my neighbors make!

Quoting Anonymous:

lkane81
by Silver Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 12:29 PM
1 mom liked this
Thank god i dont live in an hoa with a bunch of people that have nothing better to do but bitch about other people.

Quoting Anonymous:

UGH, thank god, my hoa doesn't allow that.  That is so trashy.

Quoting lkane81:

Nope i think its pretty neat.we just replaced our toilet and im going to make the old one into a planter

mommy_2_be_2010
by Platinum Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 12:30 PM
Theif lol u stole my avi nope looks pretty decent except for the paint

Quoting DragonInfinity:

Why would someone have a shit fit over that? It wouldn't bother me one bit. Course I live in the country so I see weirder shit then this! lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 27, 2013 at 12:31 PM
Exactly

Quoting Anonymous:

HOAs are for mindless uncreative drones. They have to be told what to do in order to survive.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

renner450
by Gold Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 12:33 PM
No. It's her yard. It in no way would affect me.
Laura1427
by Gold Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 12:34 PM

Not my yard, I don't care.

I don't understand why people care what other people have in their yards, honestly.

ahappymommy
by Platinum Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 12:34 PM

Not at all, but Im not the kind of person who requires everyone to live according to my standards either! Its her property she can do what she wants, and it looks clean and taken care of, whats the problem!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured