Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Should BM ...still recieve C/S if the kids will be with stepmom and their father for the whole summer!?!?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 183 Replies
1 mom liked this

?

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 27, 2013 at 10:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Jun. 27, 2013 at 10:36 AM
2 moms liked this

what did the court order say? 

Photo: -Randi.

MrsMiles85
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 10:37 AM
1 mom liked this

I wouldn't accept child support if my ex had my children.  The kids are with him so what would the point in him paying me child support be?  The child support I get doesn't support me, it supports my children, so for us, no.  I wouldn't make him pay if he were keeping the kids all summer.

MrsMiles85
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 10:37 AM

BUMP!

Baby4us09
by Gold Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 10:39 AM
It wouldn't make sense to pay child support for a child that isn't in custody of the other parent. That parent would need it for the children that are in his care not hers. Its like paying twice.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 27, 2013 at 10:41 AM
I wouldn't accept it personally but I know there are plenty of greedy people who would not only accept but insist he still pay!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 27, 2013 at 10:41 AM
19 moms liked this
absolutely. Child support is balanced over the whole year and who has the kids what amount of time.
2kids2dogs2cats
by Silver Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 10:41 AM
7 moms liked this

Well unless it is court ordered not to pay, then yes.  You have to understand child support goes towards rent, utilities etc.

I am sure the BM has to live in a larger home because she has primary custody of the kids, so how is she going to pay that without child support, I would think a father would be glad to have his kids for the summer, because this most likely means he doesn't see them every other weekend etc.  If it bothers him, he should speak to his lawyer about CS.  I assume they must live far apart, so if she has them 24/7 the rest of the time it would mean she has to pay for them every weekend etc, so makes up for the time you all have them.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 27, 2013 at 10:41 AM

Quoting brettsmomma:

what did the court order say? 

It states he will be paying child support everywhere month..

honeyrder
by Platinum Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 10:41 AM
3 moms liked this

Yes, that time was figured into the annual amount when custody and support were set and spread out over the 12 months of the year. 

emilysmom8
by Platinum Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 10:41 AM
4 moms liked this
No infact I think she should pay the father CS for the months the kids are with him
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)