Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

how does visitation work with a newborn?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 31 Replies

i plan on ebf. does the father have to right to give formula? how long are visits? when do over night start? anything input would be great.

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 27, 2013 at 10:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hip2it
by Silver Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 10:44 AM
We agreed on how it would work for us before D's was born. By then we'd gotten over hating each other and focused on our child. Either he came to my house or I went to his but he didnt start taking Ds alone until around 7 months when I had a good pumped supply available. Occasionally he'd have Ds for an hour or less for me to run to the store or whatever, not long enough to worry about a feeding.
Mommyzlovez
by Silver Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 10:47 AM

Not sure what EBF is sorry. But as for formula and the father giving it what do you mean as in the hospital setting, is this what this si about or at home.? As for Hospital I beileve so so long as that is what is agreed upon, as for visitation and length I believe they will let them stay as long as the mom and baby are fine, if you get tired or need to rest and need the peace you can ask for them to be sent away, company etc. Over night staying for family with you while in the hospital, I do not think they do that at least no one beyond the father or close family, my mom did with our first (my hubby was deployed) no one with our second I didnt feel I needed themt ot stay. But I think the bottom line rule for hospitals and for home as well is as long as it dosent interfer with the baby and moms wellbeing it is okay, so if yall are okay with it then they are too. IF this isnt what you were talking about I can try again! LOL GL

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 27, 2013 at 10:52 AM

ebf means ONLY breast feed! i am talking about my baby having to go to see the father without me because we are not together.

Quoting Mommyzlovez:

Not sure what EBF is sorry. But as for formula and the father giving it what do you mean as in the hospital setting, is this what this si about or at home.? As for Hospital I beileve so so long as that is what is agreed upon, as for visitation and length I believe they will let them stay as long as the mom and baby are fine, if you get tired or need to rest and need the peace you can ask for them to be sent away, company etc. Over night staying for family with you while in the hospital, I do not think they do that at least no one beyond the father or close family, my mom did with our first (my hubby was deployed) no one with our second I didnt feel I needed themt ot stay. But I think the bottom line rule for hospitals and for home as well is as long as it dosent interfer with the baby and moms wellbeing it is okay, so if yall are okay with it then they are too. IF this isnt what you were talking about I can try again! LOL GL

grammarpolice
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 10:54 AM

It works out however you & the baby's father decide on.

MrsNiko88
by Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 10:59 AM
1 mom liked this

If you do not have a court order in place baby does not HAVE to go. I would not let my BF baby go overnight until they weaned. Too big of a risk that baby daddy will give formula, overfeed, etc. 

dstarr347
by Bronze Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 11:07 AM

Personally, the baby is too young to go for overnights. Have the father come visit at your house until the child is weaned off the breastmilk. Let him come spend some time with the child so he can bond with him/her. That way the baby will become accustomed to his voice and scent and be comfortable when you send him/her for overnight visits. Congrats on your baby!hugs

cymkare
by Gold Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 11:12 AM

When my sister was getting divorced, she was still breast feeding her twins. They were so angry at each other they couldn't decide anything without a judge. The judge said that the twins dad could not take them overnight (or more than a few hours) until they were weaned. She had to supplement with formula but I don't think she told anyone that.

CafeMom Tickers

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 27, 2013 at 11:19 AM

i have a feeling we will end up in court over this. he thinks i should have to pump for him but pumping is not a guarantee. thanks for the info!!!!

Quoting cymkare:

When my sister was getting divorced, she was still breast feeding her twins. They were so angry at each other they couldn't decide anything without a judge. The judge said that the twins dad could not take them overnight (or more than a few hours) until they were weaned. She had to supplement with formula but I don't think she told anyone that.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 27, 2013 at 11:53 AM

No idea but I don't think fathers should be allowed to have the newborns too often. Break-ups suck. He didn't show an interest in mine until she was 18 months so I don't know how this works.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 27, 2013 at 11:57 AM

bump

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)