I work at McDonald's right now, and THANK GOD I have less than two weeks left because I found a new job. After working at this fast food restaurant for nearly two years, I have a few things to say..
- The managers can be EXTREMELY rude. They don't communicate with each other at all. If someone does something wrong, or less than perfect, they will blow up. Mind you, 75% of the time, crew members aren't given any sort of training before being thrown into it.
- There is some stuff that they never clean. Or that isn't cleaned properly. Managers don't enforce strict cleaning codes, so the crew won't do it, either.
- They don't care what your available hours are. If you say you're available from 6 AM to 10 PM, they'll schedule you 7 PM to 3 in the morning, if they want. And then they blame you and say you need to fix it. This happens ALL the time.
- For the past year I have been training new employees and I have been promised to become certified (we'll do it next week, next month, etc.). They never certified me to be a trainer, never gave me a raise, nothing. I've started refusing to train people unless they certify me and give me the raise, because it's not fair.
- On busy days, there's a good chance you won't get a break. I've had coworkers work 8+ hours without any sort of break. Why don't they report it? I don't know. At 9:15 PM one night (when I was off at 10 PM and had already worked 7 hours) if I didn't get a break I was going home. So I went on break and came back to work 15 minutes.
The list goes on and on and on. I'm sure there are several health hazards in the restaurant, too, that they simply don't care about.
That is my vent, and also why I quit this job. Next time you're sitting in the drive thru, wondering why it's taking so long to get your food, just remember, it's because everyone has been burned out with stress and dealing with incompetent managers. They simply doesn't give a shit.
I've also heard my manager say she won't hire anyone over 50 or anyone who isn't heterosexual. NO, I am not making this up.