Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

At what age did you stop watching your kids sleep?

Posted by   + Show Post

My youngest:

So watching babies sleep and snapping pics is normal. I still check up on my 7 year old when she sleeps because I'm a wuss like that. But it's weird to think of my mom watching me sleep as an adult and taking pictures(she doesn't, lol). How long did you watch your kids sleep or check up on them? 

Oh, and feel free to post pics of your sleeping kids! 

woman_laying_down_while_reading_0071-0810-1617-0647_SMU

by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 11:01 AM
Replies (21-30):
SterlingHeart
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 11:11 AM
1 mom liked this

lol all three of my kids kept their crib blankie as a blankie -- by this age she was in a bed but that crib blanket was with her always LOL I washed and bleached that thing till it was see thru --- we finaly had her give it up at 6 yrs old LOL 

Quoting fraujones:

She looks super comfy. 

Quoting SterlingHeart:

this is my fav --- dirty feet and all -- she played out in the yards with me all day as i was working my flower beds..... wore her out!!!

SterlingHeart

"these ramblings courtesy of a mom over 40"

britmichele
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 11:11 AM

I don't see myself stopping any time soon... I mean, he's so sweet and still when he sleeps! :)
christina0607
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 11:12 AM

I'm sure I have a few. but for the most part when they slept I left them alone. 

Quoting fraujones:

Did you ever take pics? 

Quoting christina0607:

I don't think I ever watched my kids sleep. 

redneckmama4
by Loree on Jun. 27, 2013 at 11:12 AM

Mobile Photo

I still do.

I also have a pic of a naked boy all sprawled out on the couch...it was Christmas, so I laid a stocking over his penis and snapped a pic...it will come in handy when he is older :)

I will still give a poke test too!
fraujones
by Mommytron on Jun. 27, 2013 at 11:12 AM

Cute! My oldest sleeps like that sometimes, will one leg crossed. 

Quoting britmichele:

I don't see myself stopping any time soon... I mean, he's so sweet and still when he sleeps! :)

ramonafrog
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 11:13 AM

The most recent of my two...they refused to sleep in their own rooms that night

Snapdragon88
by Platinum Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 11:13 AM
Hmm.. I've never been one to go into their room after bedtime and watch them sleep. I'm more like "Ok, I've got a little time to shower and clean the toilets. Better get on it!"
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fraujones
by Mommytron on Jun. 27, 2013 at 11:14 AM

Lol!

Quoting redneckmama4:

Mobile Photo

I still do.

I also have a pic of a naked boy all sprawled out on the couch...it was Christmas, so I laid a stocking over his penis and snapped a pic...it will come in handy when he is older :)

I will still give a poke test too!

redneckmama4
by Loree on Jun. 27, 2013 at 11:14 AM
I had a quilt for over 20 years. It was so worn out but it was my buddy ;)

Quoting SterlingHeart:

lol all three of my kids kept their crib blankie as a blankie -- by this age she was in a bed but that crib blanket was with her always LOL I washed and bleached that thing till it was see thru --- we finaly had her give it up at 6 yrs old LOL 

Quoting fraujones:

She looks super comfy. 

Quoting SterlingHeart:

this is my fav --- dirty feet and all -- she played out in the yards with me all day as i was working my flower beds..... wore her out!!!

RiotousDigits
by Ruby Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 11:14 AM

I'm exactly the same way.  It doesn't even occur to me to stick around once they're asleep.

Quoting Bigmetalchicken:

I don't think I have ever watched my kids sleep.  

I must be missing some maternal instinct chip, because my first instinct when either of them are asleep is to leave them alone and do some things without them hanging all over me.

I also don't miss them or worry about them when they are with their grandparents, or feel the need to call them everyday, or any of that stuff.

I wonder why I am like that...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)