Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

At what age did you stop watching your kids sleep?

Posted by   + Show Post

My youngest:

So watching babies sleep and snapping pics is normal. I still check up on my 7 year old when she sleeps because I'm a wuss like that. But it's weird to think of my mom watching me sleep as an adult and taking pictures(she doesn't, lol). How long did you watch your kids sleep or check up on them? 

Oh, and feel free to post pics of your sleeping kids! 

woman_laying_down_while_reading_0071-0810-1617-0647_SMU

by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 11:01 AM
Replies (31-40):
fraujones
by Mommytron on Jun. 27, 2013 at 11:14 AM

Aw!

Quoting ramonafrog:

The most recent of my two...they refused to sleep in their own rooms that night

stephyk
by Stephanie on Jun. 27, 2013 at 11:15 AM
1 mom liked this

Never, I even sometimes watch DH lol

Leissaintexas
by Platinum Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 11:16 AM

I checked on them at night, but never watched them sleep. I finally quit checking on them when they were about 8 or so. The only picture I have of one of my kids sleeping is when one fell asleep with a cat.

Kaelaasmom
by Katie on Jun. 27, 2013 at 11:16 AM

I never watched my daughter sleep and still don't.

CafeMom Tickers
fraujones
by Mommytron on Jun. 27, 2013 at 11:17 AM
1 mom liked this

Haha! I don't watch DH sleep for an extended period of time, but I have snapped pics when he's fallen asleep with our kids. 

Quoting stephyk:

Never, I even sometimes watch DH lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 27, 2013 at 11:18 AM
Haha! That is fantastic! My older brother use to fall asleep standing in line with my mom at the bank on her payday when he was little :-) She had to walk with him about a mile in the wrong direction to put her check in the bank, every time they weent he would hold her hand lay his head on her arm and pass out! I look at my big brother and have th hardest time imagining him ever being dependant on anyone.

Quoting ColtsFan1912:

& one of my favorite pics of my daughter. lol. She fell down about a minute after I took this pic.

fraujones
by Mommytron on Jun. 27, 2013 at 11:18 AM

Holy cuteness! Kitty looks like she's guarding.

Quoting Leissaintexas:

I checked on them at night, but never watched them sleep. I finally quit checking on them when they were about 8 or so. The only picture I have of one of my kids sleeping is when one fell asleep with a cat.

MIA0223
by Ruby Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 11:18 AM
1 mom liked this

She is 5, I still check!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonandon
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 11:18 AM
This. I check on them, but I don't watch them sleep.

Quoting christina0607:

I don't think I ever watched my kids sleep. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bigmetalchicken
by Ruby Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 11:19 AM

I am kind of, "They are out? Time to bust out the good snacks!" lol

My husband is the one more likely to watch them sleep or something. He is very attached. Last summer, while my son was at my husband's parents house for the week, husband called so often that my son said, "Daddy, you gotta stop calling. Grandpa and I can't have any fun with you bugging us so much. Tell mommy to take you someplace fun, and leave your phone at home!"

I laughed so hard, my stomach muscles hurt the next day. 

Quoting RiotousDigits:

I'm exactly the same way.  It doesn't even occur to me to stick around once they're asleep.

Quoting Bigmetalchicken:

I don't think I have ever watched my kids sleep.  

I must be missing some maternal instinct chip, because my first instinct when either of them are asleep is to leave them alone and do some things without them hanging all over me.

I also don't miss them or worry about them when they are with their grandparents, or feel the need to call them everyday, or any of that stuff.

I wonder why I am like that...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured