Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Could I be/get pregnant this way?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 41 Replies

So I was on antibiotics (still am) but dh and I did the deed sunday night my cycle started Tuesday morning, there is no way to get pregnant then start your cycle right? I feel like I have heard women say yes it is but then again I am like no thats not possible. I called the pharmacy to see if antibiotics would interfere with the plan b pill and the lady pharmacist said yes so I didn't buy it, why waste money. 

I feel stupid for asking this, I mean dang at 27 with 2 kids you would think I would know.....

BTW dh and I hadn't did the deed for about 2 weeks (I was very ill) and then I had to go out of town for a few days right when I began to feel better, so when I came back he literally could not stop touching me. By the time we remembered it was too late. 

I have a doc appointment in two weeks so I may have her check just to be sure but i don't want to be freaking out until then for no reason at all. 

TIA .......

If you write a snarky comment I can't even be mad, I can't say I wouldn't do the same to someone asking this same question lol

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 27, 2013 at 11:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
5PointedHuman
by Silver Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 11:10 AM
1 mom liked this

No, you're good lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 27, 2013 at 11:10 AM

I am going to have to change the title to something stupid to get you all in here.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 27, 2013 at 11:11 AM

I figured so, but you know there is always that what if in the back of your mind? lol... Yea I just needed reassurance. Thanks

Quoting 5PointedHuman:

No, you're good lol

Greenstone920
by Silver Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 11:12 AM

You shouldn't be, if you were that close to your cycle starting anyway, however, I wouldn't completely rule it out.   

gumbeme06
by Silver Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 11:12 AM
Pretty sure it's possible. Some woman bleed their entire pregnancy and some antibiotics cancel out bc.
amberleh
by Gold Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 11:12 AM

Yes, there is still a possibility because even though you started your period, the egg could have fertilized and attatched despite it being your menstruel cycle. Definitely get checked.

michiganmom5150
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 11:13 AM
Do you ovulate pretty regularly? If so, you should be good.
Tay06
by Silver Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 11:14 AM

I personally had a full period every month I was pregnant.  I just had a bad feeling I was pregnant and took a test.  When I kept bleeding they thought I miscarried, but he was fine.  He was born six weeks early, but nothing was wrong.  He just was tiny.  It's rare and since you were close to your period the risk is low, but I would get it checked out just in case.  Good luck :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 27, 2013 at 11:14 AM

I found this link that might help. Good luck OP!hugshttp://www.netdoctor.co.uk/ate/womenshealth/206982.html

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 27, 2013 at 11:15 AM

Quoting gumbeme06:

Pretty sure it's possible. Some woman bleed their entire pregnancy and some antibiotics cancel out bc.

Yea I called Walgreens right after we picked them up and the pharmacist told me they would cancel out the b/c. So we figured we would wait, we didn't plan on me getting worse and being put on stronger antibiotics with a longer duration. Called about the new ones after I got out of the hospital and they said the same thing about the new antibiotics.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)