Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

This is freakin weird, am I wrong?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 29 Replies

My DH aunt died last week so we went to teh funeral. We spent the night with my SIL. She has two sons. One is 12 and one is 14. They both have their own bedrooms and no one was sleeping in their beds but when i woke up in the morning both her sons appeared from her room. My DD was with me and she has a tendancy to not hesitate to ask a question if she has one so she asked her 12 year old cousin why he was in his moms room. He says without hesitation "we sleep with our mom sometimes because she gets scared at night". I have not said anything about that to anyone I am sure my husbadn does not now though. But is that not just really weird. Mayeb if they were younger but they are 12 and 14......and teh reason is because she is scared? Of what? Am I wrong about that being weird and kind of creepy?

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 27, 2013 at 11:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JustBreath2013
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 11:32 AM
Nah, it can be a variety of things!
gabby416
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 11:33 AM

It's hard to say.  Maybe they had a break in or something else traumatic happened.  I know our house got broken into once and mom and I didn't leave each others side for a few days, I even got to crawl in bed with her which was rare not only because I was in my late teens, but because I toss and turn a lot.  So, there might be something that happened that you don't know about.  Don't be so quick to judge, talk to her about it if you are concerned, other wise, mind you own business.

Superlaura328
by Gold Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 11:33 AM

It is odd, but I wouldn't immediately jump to creepy. Different strokes for different folks.

Mazie0723
by Platinum Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 11:33 AM
As long as they are all clothed there is nothing wrong. I wouldn't only because I like my space.lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 27, 2013 at 11:35 AM

Yeah thats why I have not said anything. I just find it weird. But i grew up in a military family were you stayed in you own bed and if you were scared you fought threw it.

Quoting gabby416:

It's hard to say.  Maybe they had a break in or something else traumatic happened.  I know our house got broken into once and mom and I didn't leave each others side for a few days, I even got to crawl in bed with her which was rare not only because I was in my late teens, but because I toss and turn a lot.  So, there might be something that happened that you don't know about.  Don't be so quick to judge, talk to her about it if you are concerned, other wise, mind you own business.

disnchntdwife
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 11:37 AM
1 mom liked this

In many cultures whole families sleep in the same room or bed. Can you define creepy? Do you mean to imply that there is some sort of ulterior motive for the sleeping arrangements? I'm not sure what creepy means to you...

Leissaintexas
by Platinum Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 11:37 AM

Creepy and wrong. She is essentially putting the burden of her emotional happiness on her children. THey are responsible for mom not being 'scared'. THat is wrong. I'm going to say it, that is emotional manipulation, if not abuse. That is a whole other issue, though. Yes, its creepy that a 14 yr old and 12 yr old sleep with their mom.

michiganmom5150
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 11:37 AM
Seems odd. I have 2 boys and my 5 y/o will sometimes get in bed with me, but he's 5! Not 14. I am a single mom and just think I will feel safer having 2 big teens(eventually) in my house, but they can keep the house safe from their rooms! Lol as of now, the gun will do.
gabby416
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 11:41 AM

Well in my personal opinion, that's what you have family for, people you love and trust and can feel safe with.  I know when I was going through my seperation I was so scared of my ex trying to come in the house that I would lock up and either have the girls sleep with me, or I would sleep in the living room by the front door just in case, I couldn't sleep though, so I finally had my DF come over and stay with me most of the week and weekends and I felt so much safer. There are million reasons for it.  I can see coming from your family how you find it odd, but I don't.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yeah thats why I have not said anything. I just find it weird. But i grew up in a military family were you stayed in you own bed and if you were scared you fought threw it.

Quoting gabby416:

locaporbebe
by Gold Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 11:41 AM
This

Quoting Leissaintexas:

Creepy and wrong. She is essentially putting the burden of her emotional happiness on her children. THey are responsible for mom not being 'scared'. THat is wrong. I'm going to say it, that is emotional manipulation, if not abuse. That is a whole other issue, though. Yes, its creepy that a 14 yr old and 12 yr old sleep with their mom.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)