Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

to those against POLY-Marriages

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 11:54 AM
  • 39 Replies
How do you feel about divorce, followed by new marriages? Why is one acceptable and the other disgusting.
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 11:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
christyg
by Bronze Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 11:55 AM
5 moms liked this

I kinda think it would be OK if hubby got another wife ...then SHE could do half of the work!!!

I'm tired! sleep

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 27, 2013 at 11:56 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm not against them because they are disgusting. I am against legalizing them because of how much it would complicate the legal system..
ColtsFan1912
by FriendoftheFoot on Jun. 27, 2013 at 11:56 AM

I'm not anti any marriage as long as both/more than 2 can consent. . . so I can't answer.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 27, 2013 at 11:58 AM
I really don't care what anyone else does in their marriage, as long as everyone involved is ok with it.
I am a very jealous person because of my own insecurities, so I wouldn't be able to handle bringing anyone else into our marriage.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 27, 2013 at 11:58 AM

I have nothing against informed, consensual relationships between 2 or more people, regardless of the husband:wife ratio.

personally, I couldn't do it with other wives, but I wouldn't mind a couple husbands.

danie24
by Ruby Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 11:59 AM

I don't think either situation is disgusting.

I think consenting adults doing what makes them happy is perfectly fine.

boshs1andonly
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 12:01 PM

I don't see how a comparison could be made between the two. I agree with pp, making poly marriages legal would only complicate the system more. 

KairisMama
by Emerald Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 12:02 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't care, I just don't see the POINT to marrying multiple people. Doesn't that defeat the purpose? I'm committed to my one husband. If I wanted to sex it up and have a relationship with multiple men, there would be no point to wedding vows IMO.

Divorce is a necessity for some. That I see the POINT for. ;)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 27, 2013 at 12:02 PM
I don't ever want to go through a divorce, but i don't judge those who have, and i don't really know about marraige after a divorce either bc i take those vows i said seriously. I will try everything to make it work. BUT as for a poly relationship its not for me or my husband but if that's what makes u and urs happy go for it. I personally don't consider it marriage bc a marriage is between a man and a woman.
AlohaTink
by Silver Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 12:04 PM
2 moms liked this
I'd be down for DH to take a second wife. Maybe my house would get clean more often.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)