Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I am so irritated!

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 11:59 AM
  • 0 Replies
Last week my dh and I had a party to celebrate the upcoming arrival of our daughter. I had 4 miscarriages trying to have this baby and have to take daily injections in my tummy to maintain the pregnancy and we just wanted this to be a happy time. Anyhow, I might have gone a little overboard with planning, etc. but both of us work ( well, I did until a week ago) and all our bills, etc are paid.

Well, I never told anyone how much I spent on this or that; but I guess my dh told his mom what the catering cost was and she told someone else and the end result was dh getting a nasty phone call from his ex ( not ex wife-not that that really makes a difference) yelling at him because she lives on a budget and we shouldn't be spending X on catering and a golf outing for dh's friends.

For one thing, what business is it of anyone's to judge what we spend on anything? Why would anyone feel that's a necessary topic of conversation? Why would his ex think we owe her a lifestyle??? I guess I just feel like certain people who should be close to us and share in the happy time are just mean and hateful. I don't know how to approach the subject, or if I even should.

My main issue isn't even with his ex. It's with the gossips. I understand his ex is probably a bit jealous. Although calling dh and yelling at him is a bit childish. My ex husband doesn't expect me to wash his clothes and cook his meals like I did when we were together, and I don't have expectations of him, either.
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 11:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN