Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Expecting people to completely cater your SN children is RUDE.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 221 Replies
4 moms liked this
We went to see monsters Inc last night. While we were there the family behind us was completely rude! The little boy with them was apparently autistic and his parents felt that excused him from behaving. I'm not sure if he was bored or just stressed out but he kept yelling, talking extremely loud, rocking his seat (it was squeaking loudly), and kicking my seat. When I complained to them they ask me to ignore him and told me we was autistic. I told her I understand but please calm him down.

Well long story short, he continued for practically the whole movie. The last couple of times I ask them to make him stop they acted like I was a bitch for even being upset over it. We paid almost 100 bucks in tickets and snacks, I want my fucking monies worth!

Eventually I went to the manager and complained. He sent security to tell them to calm him down or leave. His mom got rude with him and said she would tell everyone how "discriminatory" they were and no Special needs families would ever go there. The punk backed down and instead offers to move us. That just wasnt enough for me so we decided to leave and they gave us free tickets to come back and watch.

I still don't understand how they could just be so fucking rude to everyone. I wasn't alone in complaining, just the one who felt it the most. It's like this everywhere we go. Kids are always disruptive and always have some kind off issue we should cater to. Fuck that! Their kids shouldn't have to be cooped up all day, but if they can't behave maybe he should be.
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 27, 2013 at 1:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 27, 2013 at 1:14 PM
BUMP!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 27, 2013 at 1:15 PM
BUMP!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 27, 2013 at 1:15 PM
BUMP!
JustBreath2013
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 1:15 PM
1 mom liked this
I try to cater my best to my friends son!doesn't bother me!
starlight91
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 1:17 PM

Agreed

NieceS
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 1:18 PM
11 moms liked this

Because they think having a special needs child excuses them from common decency. If my autistic kid was acting up, I would leave.

KedrynsMommie
by Silver Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 1:19 PM
6 moms liked this
Most SN families don't expect to be catered too.. just want understanding and for people to not be ignorant and act like jerks. I'm tired of my son and nephew being stared at!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 27, 2013 at 1:19 PM
7 moms liked this

I agree that was very rude. If they don't even allow cell phones, I don't understand how someone yelling and kicking seats is ok. They should have waited for it to come out on dvd if he can't handle being at the movies.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 27, 2013 at 1:20 PM
I get trying to be understanding, but it's not just something I can ignore. If you're actively trying to calm them down, I'm good; if not, fuck you lol

Quoting JustBreath2013:

I try to cater my best to my friends son!doesn't bother me!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 27, 2013 at 1:20 PM
11 moms liked this

It's rude but dude... it's a CHILDREN'S movie!! WTF do you expect?! Seriously?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN