Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Tell me the craziest thing you watched another parent do

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 43 Replies
We all parent different and have our own ways of doing things. Sometimes we don't always agree with how other people parent but then sometimes you wonder how their kids are still alive.
When i was about 15 i watched the most disturbing thing happen. My aunt had two kids at the time..one was only two. Well for some reason my aunt thought it would be so funny to show the whole family what she taught her toddler to do. Everyone was standing there watching about to be shocked at what came next. My aunt had a cigarette lit and she put it up to her toddlers mouth and he took a puff. She started laughing so hard and was the only one laughing as we stare in shock at what she just did. She then says how he does it all the time and that he likes it..umm wow...glad you are not my mother was all i could think.

So tell me..what is something you watched another parent do that was just so wrong?
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 27, 2013 at 2:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Jun. 27, 2013 at 2:04 PM

An apartment that a friend used to live at had a single mom downstairs with two small boys.

All I could hear her do the entire visit was cuss at her boys, tell them she'd "fucking smack the hell out of them" and consistently tell them they were stupid and pissing her off.

Fucking mom of the year right there.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 27, 2013 at 2:04 PM
That would not have gone over well with me there. I would have ran over grabbed the cigarette and punched the aunt in the face. I can't think of a moment i've experienced...
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 27, 2013 at 2:07 PM

Though I didn't realize it was wrong at the time (I was 9), I saw a friend of my mother's feed her two-week-old infant peanut butter.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 27, 2013 at 2:07 PM
1 mom liked this

Saw someone give their kid a bong hit once. I was young and at someones house, I was only 15 but old enough to know how fucked up they were and I left right then. They told me I was a party pooper and told them they were fucking trash and I felt sorry for their poor baby growing up with two morons for parents.

2kids2dogs2cats
by Silver Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 2:08 PM

this makes me cry every time I think about it,

I was at the lake, and at a bar that had a pool outside, the bar had 3 stories each with a deck outside, I saw a man place his small boy (about 3) on the rail, it was 4th of July, I honestly though hmm that isn't a good idea, the next thing you know, bam, the kid fell of and landed right on his head, he died instantly, it was horrible.

2ltlmonkeyz
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 2:09 PM
1 mom liked this

That is crazy, I see alot of things when I am working, but the other day a mom and dad and baby well the little girl was probably about 2 I call them babies until they are in school lol.  Anyway the little girl started shreiking for a drink like little girls that age do when they want something so the mother then took her drink and threw it in her face , like I don't know how I can describe this without you sitting here but she was about to give her the drink so it was under her face she screamed and then the mom threw the cup up and it went all over the kid ice and all. I was shocked. That same mother did nothing but pinch and smack that little girl the whole time they were there.  She was not misbehaving just being a little girl imo. 

pregnantmama105
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 2:11 PM

in an apt SO and I lived in before ds. this mom would lock her kids out. they would scream at the balcony and ask for their mom to let them in. once they got in. they were either sent out again or locked out in the building...

e they had  no where to play. the apt was on the corner of a busy intersection. that had frequent accenidents. and the parking lot was no place for kids to play.... 

FishPhood
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 2:11 PM
Oh my god, that's so horrible :(

Quoting 2kids2dogs2cats:

this makes me cry every time I think about it,

I was at the lake, and at a bar that had a pool outside, the bar had 3 stories each with a deck outside, I saw a man place his small boy (about 3) on the rail, it was 4th of July, I honestly though hmm that isn't a good idea, the next thing you know, bam, the kid fell of and landed right on his head, he died instantly, it was horrible.

vvinkyloafer
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 2:13 PM
I've seen parents yank their kid's arms and talk harshly to them, usually "If you don't calm your ass down, I'll (insert punishment here)!"
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
almondpigeon
by Ruby Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 2:14 PM
I saw a young mom feed baby food to a baby that couldn't have been more than a month old. He kept pushing his tongue out (duh) and she told her friend it was so hard to feed him because he kept spitting it out. I wanted to say something, but I could tell that my advice wouldnt have been well received.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)