Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

4 year old's logic on CPS

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 2:12 PM
  • 23 Replies

My neighbors (21 and 22), got into a fight back in March. The wife beat the shit out of her husband, and her MIL. She got arrested. All this happened in front of her 4 year old and infant.

CPS came and decided she can't be around the kids alone anymore (she has a tendency to just leave the infant laying around and not changing its diaper, letting it cry, it had a flat head for a while, etc). She's now in classes while her MIL (that she also beat up) takes care of her kids most days since she can't be alone with the children. The 4 year old was outside today playing with MY 4 year old when CPS showed up for a meeting with the parents.

He told me "That car is bad. They are mean. The police took my mommy away". It broke my heart that a 4 year old has no idea that he's being protected from the psycho he has for a mother :( I just smiled at him, gave him some bubbles and he ran off playing. I hate that one day, family violence will be the norm for him (this is not the first time she's beat the shit out of her husband or the first time CPS has been involved), and that he'll view CPS as bad.

by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 2:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
robibuni
by Platinum Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 2:20 PM

BUMP!

sweetboys4me
by Gold Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 2:21 PM
Poor kid
robibuni
by Platinum Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 2:22 PM

I know! I understand he's too young to understand what's going on, but he just thinks they're bad :(

Quoting sweetboys4me:

Poor kid

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 27, 2013 at 2:25 PM
You should have said that they are trying to make sure everyone in your family is safe and taken care of. By saying nothing it reinforces in his mind that what he said is correct and you agree with his statements.
sweetboys4me
by Gold Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 2:27 PM
Quoting robibuni:

Yeah, and he will learn to fear authority figures and think this is the accepable way to live. It a destructive perpetual cycle. I really hope she loses him. He deserves so much better
robibuni
by Platinum Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 2:27 PM

Sorry but I had no idea WHAT to say. 

Quoting Anonymous:

You should have said that they are trying to make sure everyone in your family is safe and taken care of. By saying nothing it reinforces in his mind that what he said is correct and you agree with his statements.

robibuni
by Platinum Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 2:29 PM

So her first son is by a different guy, the baby is by her husband, and she's already pregnant with ANOTHER baby. She'll have 3 kids, and can't even be alone with two of them! I hope CPS just takes them all away. She doesn't care about being a mother.

She got mad at her MIL the other day because she only watched the baby for 4 hours and she wanted alone time with her husband. I just kinda laughed because once you have kids, you're not ENTITLED to alone time.

Quoting sweetboys4me:

Quoting robibuni:

Yeah, and he will learn to fear authority figures and thing this is the accepable way to live. It a destructive perpetual cycle. I really hope she loses him. He deserves so much better

Bigmetalchicken
by Ruby Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 2:30 PM

Unfortunately, when you are raised in that sort of enviroment, you are taught to fear and mistrust the people that are going to be most likely to help you.  

sweetboys4me
by Gold Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 2:31 PM
Quoting robibuni:

no joke ffs shes 21. She needs to get a grip on reality. With these instances of reported dv, it wouldbe stupid for the hospital to even think of letting her leave the hospital with the new baby
sweetboys4me
by Gold Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 2:32 PM
And why the hell would a pregnant girl think of beatinng up others. Obviously she doesnt give a crap about her baby
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured