Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

moms that live in different state from bio dads

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 3:45 PM
  • 11 Replies
I need some advice. My dd is 7. She met her bio dad last Dec and so far the 2 visits she has had with him have gone great. I supervised these visits. She also spent 2 days without me 2 weeks ago with grandma(Bio dads mom). I trust grandma to supervise visits. So i just talked to my ex about filing for offical visitation schedule. Made sure he knew grandma will supervise all visits until dd is 100% comfortable with him. He is on board. So anyways what is a good visit schedule for a bio dad who does not live in our state? I just need ideas please and thank you
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 3:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommaTLC186
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 3:48 PM
I live in NC, bio dad lives in MI. His parents get my sons (age 15&14) from June 10-August 10 every year. Their dad is allowed to go over there to see them (so its supervised).
ksueditz
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 3:49 PM

my xh lives less than 20 miles f/ us. so here's a bump for you!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 27, 2013 at 3:50 PM

half of the summer, and one week out of the two week winter break (if she gets two weeks anyway)... and maybe spring break if you have nothing planned. 

darcibeisheim
by Silver Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 3:53 PM
When my Df lived in a different state as his dd he had to do visits near her home like 3 visits then he could take her to his home. But he was always involved with her and this was just when he split with his ex.

Is there reason for him to need supervised visits?
Barronbaby
by Brandi on Jun. 27, 2013 at 3:55 PM
He is just getting involved after 7 years. She isn't comfortable being left alone with him. Her comfort comes before his feelings.

Quoting darcibeisheim:

When my Df lived in a different state as his dd he had to do visits near her home like 3 visits then he could take her to his home. But he was always involved with her and this was just when he split with his ex.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
darcibeisheim
by Silver Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 4:00 PM
I understand her not being comfortable. If you are doing this agreement yourselves and he agrees its reasonable.

Just know that if the courts have to make decisions, the legal way might not be the way you want.

Quoting Barronbaby:

He is just getting involved after 7 years. She isn't comfortable being left alone with him. Her comfort comes before his feelings.

Quoting darcibeisheim:

Barronbaby
by Brandi on Jun. 27, 2013 at 4:02 PM
Because we are agreeing to everything... it will only go through mediation. Judge will only sign what we agree on. It would be different if we went in front of judge. This is what court house just told me

Quoting darcibeisheim:

I understand her not being comfortable. If you are doing this agreement yourselves and he agrees its reasonable.

Just know that if the courts have to make decisions, the legal way might not be the way you want.

Quoting Barronbaby:

Quoting darcibeisheim:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chattycassie
by Silver Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 4:03 PM

We have visitation set up for 2 mo of summer and 1 week of the 2 week Christmas break. (their dad does not use this time however ;( )

chattycassie
by Silver Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 4:16 PM

You are correct if you agree in mediation a judge will just signe it. I went through with my kids 2 years ago, and helped my nephew about 6 mo ago. They just did one medication.

Quoting Barronbaby:

Because we are agreeing to everything... it will only go through mediation. Judge will only sign what we agree on. It would be different if we went in front of judge. This is what court house just told me

Quoting darcibeisheim:

Quoting Barronbaby:

Quoting darcibeisheim:

proudGBmama
by Silver Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 4:28 PM
Switch bday and Christmas every other year and he gets 2minths during summer and spring break but we tack spring break onto summer visit so it's less expensive..... He's in al I'm in wi
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)