Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Anyone else have an irrational fear or phobia? How do you deal with it?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 81 Replies

Last May and June I felt like every time I turned around a friend or neighbor was calling me saying, "My child is infested with lice and she was just with your kids." I seriously lost my mind. I was convinced I had it (I didn't) and I was convinced my then 6 month old had it (she didn't). I spent $200 on products last May/June just treating my kids and house. I seriously went crazy. Now I don't want to hug anyone or have anyone hug me or my kids. I don't want any of my girls' friends over here because I am afraid they will bring lice to our house.  I am TERRIFIED we will get lice. I can deal with trips to the ER for minor things, I can handle our money problems, I can even handle 5 kids plus working full time plus trying to get my college degree all at the same time. I can not get over my fear of head lice!! Yes, I am on Lexapro for anxiety. Do you have any advice or can you relate to my crazy fear? THANK YOU!

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 27, 2013 at 4:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 27, 2013 at 5:56 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 27, 2013 at 9:21 PM

BUMP!

momof2boy2girl
by Valerie on Jun. 27, 2013 at 9:22 PM
1 mom liked this

I can not stand cotton balls. Touching them makes me want to puke. Hearing them pulled apart makes me gag and makes me want to crawl out of my skin.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 27, 2013 at 9:25 PM

I have anxiety issues too, it sucks.  I have an irrational fear of asbestos.  And ants, creepy little fuckers.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 27, 2013 at 9:26 PM
2 moms liked this
I can't step on grates or manhole covers when I am walking I have this huge fear they will just suddenly collapse and I will fall into the ground.
msalice_21
by Platinum Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 9:27 PM
Vomit. I can't do it. I avoid dining out, fast food, eating at people's houses for fear of food poisoning. I double check labels. I waste food because I'm convinced its bad. I don't eat left overs. If anyone says they have a stomach ache, I'm out. I avoid them for a few days or so. I k ow its normal but the feeling, the sound, the smell, I can't handle it. I think about it way more than I should. It's a huge problem I try and deal with. :(
deputygirls28
by Gold Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 9:27 PM
I'm scared of anything that hops. Frogs, crickets, grasshoppers, and yes, even bunnies (but the don't scare me as much as the other things.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momtolittleg
by Platinum Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 9:27 PM
I hate grates. I avoid them.

Quoting Anonymous:

I can't step on grates or manhole covers when I am walking I have this huge fear they will just suddenly collapse and I will fall into the ground.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 27, 2013 at 9:28 PM
I have what people say is an irrational fear.. I'm kinda scared to type it. I'm scared of cougars. Like the animal. Every time I see one on tv or someone says the word I start feeling panicky and sick. I have nightmares about them all the time. I saw one when I was younger and it was so scary. I live in lower Michigan and they are starting to slowly move in over here. Its awful :(
CBMomma42
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 9:28 PM
Yes. I don't like hair. I hate it on the inside of my legs when I'm in the shower washing my hair. I'm scared to death hair will get in my food.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)