Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

They left her daughter behind! ay yi yi ETA guys...UPDATE**another one**

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 188 Replies
4 moms liked this

I work as a babysitter/nanny for this family. I look after 2 boys ages 5 and 8 and a 15 year old girl. I work there 5x a week, take the kids to school and back, help with homework, cook and so on. I knew they were leaving for vacation but i didnt know they were leaving Leslie behind! and their reason? They can't afford her because she is too expensive! I am so dumbfounded. They are a  wealthy so there is no need for that excuse. I came over yesterday to check up on the house and there she was all lonely. I feel so bad and idk what to do.  I dont know the story of the family but since i have been working there, I have noticed her to be kind of an outcast but i just thought she was being a teenager , i didnt think any of it! 

What would you in this situation!? I almost feel like i need to drop her off at relative's house

I want to thank everyone for your advice. I haven't been able to talk to each one of you because i am currently with Leslie keeping her company but tonight we will chat. I found out more stuff i want to share with you ladies. As for those who suggested i bring her home with me, I wish i could but I live with my BF (we are 21 and 22) and i don't think that would be appropriate. But i am staying with her until I talk to her parents and see what its going on! 

Hello guys thanks for keeping up with me, I want to make something very very clear to the anon that said that it was weird for a 21 year old woman to take care after a 15 year old. You are saying that this is going to be a 'he said-she said sexual thing" First of all, I can't believe there are SICK people like you out there. I am a nanny okay? And yes they did tell me they were leaving her so i didnt just showed up and there she was okay? and yes CRAFTS. They are fun! and not every 15 year old is the same okay?

Now to people with more sense, I have been  talking to relatives and Leslie herself and it turns out they favor the boys more than her. I didn't sense that there was abuse going on, verbal or physical. What i do sense is a bit of depression, sadness and complete lonelyness. She is a bit of an "emo kid" (just for an example) and her mother is different.  The mom is more into beauty, shoes ect. Just like some of you said, she rather stay home alone. AS to why she told me her parents couldnt afford her, not sure. But i am sensing a way bigger problem here. I have their contact number so i am going to come forward and talk to her about her daughters mental state. I do feel like she is depressed. Severly. 

Well ladies thank you so much for all advices and concers. And a big hug on those of who got serious problems, I hope you get better and not make those sort of accusations. Be a kind human being. Be loving, Respect others. Give your honest opinion and think before you speak. Some of us are very caring people. Not every human being on this earth is a prick, asshole, mean person that wants to hurt people. I love people, i love humans.It makes me sad that are people like you who probably make Leslie feel inferior and sad. Yes I am 21 years old taking care of 3 kids. 2 adorable boys and Leslie. All bright and happy. And if it were the boys who were sick or sad, I would help them the same exact way. So please please think before you speak.  To the rest of you again thank you so much. Good night everyone. God/life/faith bless you all. 

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 27, 2013 at 4:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 27, 2013 at 5:08 PM

BUMP!

mommyneedssleep
by Bronze Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 5:12 PM
If you have time invite her to do something and see what she says!!!
I have a 16 year old who prefers to stay home when we go places but not a big vacation!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 27, 2013 at 5:17 PM

really?...yes we have been doing crafts and going out for ice cream! Im worried about her staying home lonely :(

Quoting mommyneedssleep:

If you have time invite her to do something and see what she says!!!
I have a 16 year old who prefers to stay home when we go places but not a big vacation!!!

silverdawn99
by Ruby Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 5:18 PM
That poor girl
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 27, 2013 at 5:20 PM

Wow, how crappy of them. I would just talk to her, ask her if she is okay. Teenagers are normally pretty vocal. But she might enjoy the peace and quiet. I was always left home as a teen cause my mom is not very nice, I enjoyed my time, no one there to pick at me and make me clean or do their crap.

sheramom4
by Ruby Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 5:20 PM
5 moms liked this

Their explanation is ridiculous. It would be different if she wanted to stay home, but to exclude her from a family vacation and then say she is "too expensive?" That is pretty pathetic. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 27, 2013 at 5:21 PM

Exactly!!!!!! I am thinking about not working for them anymore just because of this. It is totally unacceptable

Quoting sheramom4:

Their explanation is ridiculous. It would be different if she wanted to stay home, but to exclude her from a family vacation and then say she is "too expensive?" That is pretty pathetic. 

SpnFulOfSugar
by Emerald Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 5:23 PM
How crappy of them
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 27, 2013 at 5:25 PM

makes me feel so terrible, I wouldnt want her to stay home alone .

Quoting SpnFulOfSugar:

How crappy of them

IFartGlitter
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 5:25 PM
4 moms liked this

Ask her what she wants to do. In the meantime, spend time with the poor kid. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN