Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Someone please convince me of what you believe! - UPDATE

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 139 Replies

If you are 100% confident that you are believing/following the "right religion", could you explain how/why you are so sure?  I've grown up in church, and still go with my family.  However, I have always had doubts and still do.  I continue to try to "be a Christian" because I don't want to cause conflict with my family and because I'm scared of going to Hell if there is one. 

I am tired of not being sure of what I believe.  But there seems to be no proof of anything.  I hate spending so much time and resources, and raising my kids to do the same, for something that I'm not even sure I agree with.  But if it IS true, wouldn't it be better to have believed it and be wrong than to not believe it and be wrong?

I'd like to hear about why everyone believes what they do.  No one at my church has been able to answer my questions satisfactorily. 

UPDATE: I just wanted to thank everyone for your responses--you've given me a lot to think about!  I will check out your links, suggestions and books etc.  Thanks!

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 27, 2013 at 6:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 27, 2013 at 6:19 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 27, 2013 at 6:20 PM
the proof of my belief lies in the distinct lack of proof in others beliefs.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 27, 2013 at 6:20 PM
5 moms liked this
My religion is love. I can guarantee you it's the right one.
starlight91
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 6:23 PM
1 mom liked this

I dont look to others to make my decisions on religion, Im sorry you do.

SamiJ18
by Platinum Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 6:25 PM
6 moms liked this
Well spaghetti is real and gravity is only a theory so, ALL HAIL THE FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Moe1521
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 6:25 PM
This is something no one can help you with mama. It's just something you feel with your whole heart, mind and soul.

Sorry I can't help, here's a bump.
delilahsmom1177
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 6:26 PM

I am not sure. I have a strong faith in the Gods and Godess that have helped me through horrible things. However I believe they are powered by MY faith in them. I am not 100% sure what the right faith is.

I'm tattooed,pagan,pro-choice,pro-legalizing marijuana,pro-gay marriage,anti-war,non-vaxing,tree hugging,animal loving,book reading,animal testing free,depression battling, trying to raise a free spirit and letting her be who she is but still teaching her important life lessons,fighting for equal rights at the same time,don't like it get over it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 27, 2013 at 6:26 PM
1 mom liked this

Beliefs isn't something you should let someone else convince you of. If what your church is teaching isn't right for you? Shop around. Try other beliefs.

I currently believe in God but have belief systems from Buddhism, Catholisism, Wiccan, and Judaism. They fit together for me like a puzzle 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 27, 2013 at 6:26 PM

Well, I'm looking for insights and answers.  I don't want someone else to make the decision for me, or I would have let my family do that.

I was also just curious what people who are absolutely convinced in what they believe, why they are so convinced.  Maybe it would help me feel more confident in whatever I decide.

Quoting starlight91:

I dont look to others to make my decisions on religion, Im sorry you do.

Pink.Sunshine.
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 6:27 PM

I'm eating. Convince yourself

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN