Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

39 weeks- help! (tmi?)

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 18 Replies
I'm 39 weeks tomorrow with my second. I was checked for dilation yesterday and was at a 3 and a half. Today I've felt fine for the most part.

The last 2 hours or so ive had a big increase in braxton hicks. At least I *think* they're braxton hicks. They seem to be about 3-10 minutes apart mostly...so I guess irregular. My 1st pregnancy all the pain was in my back so I'm not sure what to expect this time. My stomach gets hard and I can kind of feel it in my back.

I also just started bleeding. Not that much, just turns the toilet paper pink when I wipe.

My DH is 10 hours away right now. He just fell asleep about 3 hours ago, but I don't want to wake him unless I'm sure I'm in labor. He'll have to leave work and drive all the way here. Anyone think this sounds like labor? Should I just wait it out and see if the contractions get more painful or closer together? Its 10 pm here so I'm pretty sure I can't call my OB and ask him.
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 28, 2013 at 12:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Jun. 28, 2013 at 12:58 AM

Why is your dh 10 hours away? i would wait a bit and see if the contractions stop. In the morning I would call him and let him know what is going on, so he can come home if labor really is starting. Of course call him if you ARE in labor during the night. Good luck!

MixedCooke
by Platinum Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 3:04 AM
1 mom liked this

get your butt to the hospital and go deliver that baby!

PandTsmomjuly
by Florence on Jun. 28, 2013 at 3:06 AM

Drink water and rest. If they go away it's false labor. If they continue to get more regular then it's more than likely the real deal :-)

PandTsmomjuly
by Florence on Jun. 28, 2013 at 3:07 AM

P.S. Even if it's real, the water and rest is the best thing you can do right now. You'll need it later.

jennj76569
by Bronze Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 3:09 AM

IF IT LOOKS LIKE MUCOUS IN ANYWAY THEN YOU COULD BE WITHIN A DAY OR THREE AWAY FROM ACTUAL LABOR....

babesprincess03
by Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 3:09 AM
In all honesty I have fast labors me personally I would go get checked and call DH if ur admired my last baby was born 5 hours after my contractions got mildly painful
paganmommy4
by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 3:10 AM

what it felt like was really bad cramps

your belly will get rock hard then relax, then rock hard and relax. time it, if they are regular and five minutes apart then its really labor.

Drink water and lay on your side, if it doesnt stop you're in labor I had my first at 39 weeks 1 day and my water broke

jennj76569
by Bronze Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 3:11 AM

OR MAY BE JUST FROM THE CHECK.... IF IT ISNT SLIMEY....

Allinorder
by Gold Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 3:11 AM

My ob told me 10 contractions in a hour is real labor. I had 11 in a hour and had dd 9 hours later.

Mrs.Gibson23
by Silver Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 3:11 AM
Sounds like labor to me. Just dont wait too long. I had the same things goong on as you. I thought nothing of it fell asleep woke up in full blown labor. Got to l&d they checked me i was at a 7!!!!!! 20 min later i had ds. Doc said i slept through half my labor!!!!so if u think u might be you prob are. Especially with the blood.good luck mama!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)